Monday, January 4, 2010

Second time around

Hi Nikki fans,
This is my second blog post here.
This time not only my own work but I have a special layout by a special person.
But first let me tell you about my layout with U R My Favorite.A few months ago Nikki held a contest amongst the DT Divas.
The winner would go to CHA to work with Susan and Nikki at the booth. I started on this the very next day cause the change to see the girls and go to CHA was a big dream. Here you see the layout I made. I fell in love with this paper line as soon as I saw the colors. It's such a sweet line to work with.
I handcut the flowers, used a little Shimmers on it. The shoe is chipboard, and covered with Glossy Accents. Wish I had a shoe like that! lol!
Don't you just love the little flags? I colored it with a color spray, stamped with Nikki's alpha stamps and used some floss around the wooden stick.


Now here's the special layout I was telling you about.

It's made by my dear friend Monique Liedtke. She's such a sweetheart and so talented.
She used My Sweet Cherry Pie, the photo's of her DD Manon are so right for this paper.
See how she used the sowing machine? Even on the tree!

Monique, thank you so much for letting me show your layout. It's stunning!
You can see more of Monique's work on her blog. Do leave her some love.
Thank you again for reading my story and looking at the photo's
You can find me at my blog. I will be playing with some more U R My Favorite.
I will show you some new projects as soon as CHA is starting.
You can find the start of one of the projects on my blog.
So exciting to have my work up there. Thanks Nikki!
PS: I didn't win the contest! Julie Tucker is the lucky girl.

.

10 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

Well, that is a beautiful layout, even if it didn't win the contest!! I love it, and your friend's layout!! Beautiful work from both of you.. Love, Jess

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! I love love love love love your CHA LO!!! It is soooooooooooooooooo AMAZING!!! WOW!!!!!! And the LO your friend made is JUST soooooooooooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! GORGEOUS lo's! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stefanie said...

Wow, love your layout Mieke! Very inspiring!! And Monique's one is yummie too.
Well done ladies, "groetjes" Stefanie

Deana said...

Mieke, your LO is SO adorable! I ♥ how you made your shoe!

Monique's LO is stunning, too!

Such great work from BOTH of you!

Nathalie said...

WOW!!! Those are two beautiful pages!!! I love the attention to details on both!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations! I love all the dimension!

Stacy said...

Great layout. Congrats on going to CHA!!! Have a blast :)

Julie Bonner said...

Fabulous layout Mieke - love those flowers & that shoe :) Your friend totally rocked the My Sweet Cherry Pie line - just love it!!

Kelly C said...

absolutely gorgeous page! I love all the little details :)

Vicki said...

What fabulous layouts from both of you. The colours are just perfect for the photos on them both.

01 09 10