Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Don't forget all the embellishments...


Hi everyone, it's Deana Boston again! I've been having a lot of fun working with the U R My Favorite line. While it certainly is PERFECT for Valentine's Day, I love to use hearts on my projects all year round so it's really versatile, too! Don't forget all the fun embellishments (& even the packaging) on your pages & projects though. They really can add some extra texture, dimmension or even a pop of color to your creations!



On my first page I used brown corduroy brads instead of using O's in my title...





I never seem to tire of the cute scalloped-edge borders in Nikki's product lines & use them a LOT! I also added a little glitter to my lamp (from the Victoria's Street line) to add a little more interest...






On the following cards, I cut up the cover of the 6x6 U R My Favorite paper paddie.




The breadless tabs are fun to use in MANY different ways, but I added mine to my ribbon with an extra little sentiment on top...








And on this one, I used a craft flag + the Willie Bee font stampies...


















Just a little wish for GOOD LUCK to Nikki at CHA! We all know she'll be a success, once again, and I'm so happy to be part of her team!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deana, I love your layouts and cards!!! Everything is just beautiful. Love the post! Love, Jess

Jamie Lane Designs said...

I love those bread(less) tabs on the ribbon! Great ideas/examples!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What pretty creations! I really love the scalloped look - it looks ruffly (new word, lol) and girly! Very cute!
TFS! I cannot wait to get my hands on some of this dp!!!
Enjoy your day! ~ margie

Nikki said...

Deana- you made me tear up this morning! (Not that it's that difficult to do.) But your sweet card creation for me is adorable! You know there isn't a single thing you create that I don't like!! Thanks for an excellent blog entry today! Love the use of all the products and packaging! Thanks so much for all your work! -N

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Deana!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!!!!!!! And that Nikki at CHA lo is ADORABLE!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

bethchien said...

love it all girl! you did so awesome and you know how to rock those embellies!!!
love Bryn's FASHIONISTA POSES! LOL

sarah said...

oh my word... that project with nikki cracks me up! hehehe.

nikki, i think you should have that one at your booth just for fun. ;)

thanks for all the inspo, deana!

hugs,
s.

Nikki said...

Sarah- I got it in the mail today! So yes, it will be in my booth at CHA!!

jacque4u2c said...

These layouts are fantastic! You really worked those embellies! Just stunning in every way!

Stampin Mindy said...

These are so cute, I love the technique with the circles. Very cool looking!

Nathalie said...

Awesome page and cards! I love the I love CHA page for Nikki :)

Claude said...

Great post, I love what you did with the scallops!

Jenneke said...

Oh WOW Deana, your layouts are absolutely stunning!!! LOVE those scalloped-edge borders!!!!
And that card of Nikki is adorable!
I'm such a fan of your work!!!!!

XXXJenneke

Lydia Siegel said...

Now those are cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Scrapamum said...

So cute!

Stacy said...

Love all the creations!! Love the last one with the crown!! She is going to be the Queen of CHA!!! Good luck :)

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous layouts! Loving the borders!!!

Taj White said...

I am excited to see the new product. I know Cha will be a hit for you Nikki.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chris a said...

Your layouts are so charming and I love how you have embraced the scallops - sort of a trademark for you! Love the cards too - those little flags and bread tags are too cute!

scrappermimi said...

You can not help but love all this goodness!

Kelly C said...

Enjoy CHA!! I love the breadless tags, I used one today! I totally love the scalloped layers too, wonderful!

Fabi Ormerod said...

These are all lovely!!! congrats....love your work and wish nikki luck at CHA ;)

Anonymous said...

We got to see your "Fashionista" layout live and in person for Nikki Sivils Day at our store today and it's even cuter in real life!

01 09 10