Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hi there everyone! Deanna here. I hope you all are having a good weekend! With CHA about to start up, and Valentines Day right around the corner, we Willie B girls have a lot to share with you in the coming days and weeks. (Did you know that V-day is less than a month away?!)

Today I'd like to share with you a little mini album I just finished for my daughter. She turned 4 yrs. old today, and we had a Princess Tea Party birthday party for her yesterday. Nothing could have been more perfect than Nikki's crown chipboard album and the U R My Favorite line of papers! I actually used the U R My Favorite 6x6 paddie so that I could save my 12x12 papers for the Valentines Day goodies I've got planned! ;) And yes, the crown DOES fit across the 6x6 paddie papers, it's just a tight squeeze, so measure and cut precisely.

Here's my mini:

Princess Tea Party










For the front cover, I did a little paper piecing action. First I traced the crown onto computer paper, and free handed the shapes I wanted to fill it. Then I cut those shapes so that they'd be patterns for the paddie paper. And voila! A paper-pieced crown out of patterned paper!

In addition to Nikki's papers, die-cuts, and chipboard, I used Prima pearls, Maya Road journaling spots, hot pink Thickers, and a snippet of ribbon from my stash.

Well that's all for now! Stay tuned to the blog for all the latest Nikki Sivils CHA news and coverage! And don't forget about the DT call going on right now too! ;)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Deanna! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nathalie said...

What a super cute mini! It is perfect for a tea party photos!!!

Hilde Janbroers said...

I Love it!!! And congrats to your little girl!

scrappermimi said...

This is so sweet! Love how you did the album!

Beeceecreativity said...

This mini tea party album is adorable. Paper and trims make it a fab project. Awesome

Anonymous said...

This is SO CUTE! There are just so many things you can do with that line, and I just ordered a 6x6 paddie today!! YAY, I can't wait to get it. For real, like I am so impatient when I buy things online LOL! Great Project! Love, Jess

Carole Stirrat said...

How cute! Love your paper piecing action and just can't get enough of looking at this paper line, it's so adorable!!

Claude said...

Completely adorable!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

REALLY Cute Deana ! Love the mix of papers !!

Kelly C said...

what a great mini-book! I am so in love with that line!!

01 09 10