Friday, March 19, 2010

T.G.I.F

I'm super excited to be sharing my first post with you as a Nikki Sivils DT. I'm still pinching myself! Working with Nikki and the other DT gals is amazing! It's also a dream come true. I hope I will be able to inspire you as I have been inspired by Nikki's products.


First I would like to show you a project I created using the chipboard mini album from the Henry's Brilliance and My Sweet Cherry Pie collection. The frames used were bought at the Dollar Tree a few months ago. I finally put them to good use. I went with a baby girl theme using the Ellie's Day Out and My Sweet Cherry Pie collections together. Some of these papers mix and match so well. Which is one of my favorite things to do.

The chipboard is so easy to cover and embellish. I had so much fun making them. Now I need to find them a home.


My next project is a little wooden keepsake box that I bought at Hobby Lobby when it was 1/2 price. I used My Sweet Cherry Pie and Willow Bee collections. I just love how well the bees and sunflowers look with the green gingham paper.


Tucked inside the box is a green polka dot kitchen towel that I added some little touches to with felt and buttons.
I don't know about you.....but this card is how I've been feeling lately. Spring Fever!! I just want to be outside when the weather is nice and soak up some sunshine! Forget cleaning, creating, laundry or anything else indoors-y (ok...not a word but you get my drift?)
This card was created with the Flaming Butterfly collection. Which is full of rich, vibrant colors. I embellished the bow with a Nikki Sivils corduroy brad. If you look closely you will see that I stamped a butterfly in the center of the brad using one of the Flaming butterfly stamps. The corduroy accepted the ink very well. And IRL it shows up very well.

If I haven't put you to sleep yet......here's the final project I want to share with you.
Once again, I used the Flaming Butterfly collection. I paired it with some handmade ribbon flowers and a Zva Creative rhinestone flourish.

If you made it this far...you're a real trooper! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope I was able to inspire you in some way.


Also, if you have any questions about any techniques or products I used that are not listed. Please feel free to email at m2three2000@yahoo.com. Please put Nikki Sivils blog post question in the subject line.

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! As soon as I pick up my jaw from the floor, maybe i can comment better then!! LOL!!! U are SIMPLY AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those little frames!! genius idea!! and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the little box....and your cards are GORGEOUS!!!! WOW!! Thanks for such an inspirational post!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Really great projects, Lori! All so beautiful! Great FIRST post! :-)

janis said...

wow!!!! love all your projects!!!! soooo gorgeous!!!!!

Penny said...

These are amazing projects -w elcome aboard!

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

Awesome, just Awesome...great art! and congrats on your first post!!!

Linda Beeson said...

What great projects! The owls in the frames are my favorites!

Monique Liedtke said...

Amazing!!! Love everything you made!! especially those frames with the owls!! you are one talented lady!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

scrappermimi said...

These are all fab Lori! That box is so darn cute!

Nathalie said...

Great projects Lori!!!! I love your altered box!

Shauna said...

Those butterflies and great big bow on the second to last card are so so adorable! Love them, and your other artwork!

Linda said...

Wonderful amazing crafts. Your cards have a unique look all of their own. I love them
Thank you
Linda in Stanwood

Lydia Siegel said...

WOWZER! I love it all, but my fav is the frames! TFS

Nikki said...

Lori- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your work and post! So completely happy to have you on my team with all these awesome ladies! I adore those framed owls and tree! Thanks Lori!

01 09 10