Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A little Willow, a Little Bella, and a little Butterfly.

Hey Everyone!!!

It's Katrina with my first blog posting here on Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker!!! I am so excited to be a part of this team...so filled with inspiration and talent. I admire everyone's talent on the team....it sometimes sends me into overload!!!

Well, here is my first creation...it's a clipboard I punched a couple of holes with my CropaDile, altered with the Willow Bee Collection and created a place to put some fun ideas when they pop in my head!


See that "pocket" to place ideas in? Well, Miss Nikki has these wonderful "Pockets of Stickers" that she debuted at CHA this January. I just trimmed it down and then lined some paper inside to make it pretty!!! So, just IMAGINE what you can do with these!!! I have another little something up my sleeve (or pocket, should I say!) with these that isn't quite finished yet, but you will see it the next time I blog here! A tease, I am!

Next up, one of my FAVORITE lines from this time around....Bella Blue and Oscar Too! We took the dogs to a local park to get some pictures (for me to scrap of course!) and I thought this picture was a great one to use with this paper line!
And see that doghouse with the Craft Flag? Well, I used the stamp set from Bella Blue and Oscar Too, to stamp the "in the doghouse" and the flowers on the flag. Nikki's stamp sets are so easy to color in!!! You should try them...and they are also great to emboss!
And last up, but certainly not least, is a layout and wall hanging using the Flaming Butterfly Collection. This is certainly not "normal" looking paper, but it's "OH SO FUN" paper!!!!
The wall hanging is created with one of the Scalloped Square chipboard albums and I die cut letters out of the Flaming Butterfly papers also. And don't forget...the 6x6 Mini Pads fit PERFECTLY on the chipboard albums that Nikki has! No more wasting your 12 x 12 sheets to get the right size of paper to cover your chipboard! If your store carries the 12 x 12 paper and not the mini pads, ask them to get them in! They are so fun to use and they are the same pattern as the full sheets, just scaled down. Super perfect for cards!

And here is my final goodie...a layout with Flaming Butterfly. And yes.....sometimes it does take me FIVE times to get a good picture. But hey, I turned it into a scrapbooking layout!!!!


And a little reminder: I am the Local Design Team leader for Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker and this is the first chance I have gotten to post this on here!! We are having a LOCAL design team call!!! That's right Springfield area scrappers...we are looking for you!!!! We are going to be the TOWNHOUSE DIVAS!!! You can read all about the call on my blog: Paper, Scissors and Glue. This link will take you right to the call. If you have any questions, please use the email in the call and we will get back with you. This is going to be so fun for the ladies that make the local team. So make sure and check out all the info!!!!!

Ok, I think I have rambled on enough!!!!!

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina

9 comments:

Kaytee said...

Awesome!!! I love the clipboard with the pocket! Very cool!

janis said...

love your works here katrina!!!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!! LOVE, love, love your projects Katrina!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Katrina!!! these are AMAZING!!!! I love love love love love love love that "idea" piece with the pocket....I am soooooooooooooooo lifting that!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! And your take five is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun!!! LOVE them all!!! U ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Gabi Alberti said...

Wow!! Everything so wonderful!! I love!! Hugs!!

Linda Beeson said...

Love your creations! The details are so fun.

Nikki said...

Thanks for the awesome post K!! So nice to have you on the DT!!

Nathalie said...

Great first post and wonderful work Katrina!

~Lori Roop said...

Those photos of you are fabulous!! Thx for great post.

01 09 10