Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scrapbooking Outside the Box!

Hi all! This is Mimi, your blog hostess of the day! I am what I consider a layout girl. I tinker with cards and other projects but layouts are my project of choice most of the time. Then Nikki told me about this company Traditions Studios. I ended up designing a few classes for them using Nikki's fab products and now I think I caught the bug to scrapping outside the layout box.

They sent me this adorable snow globe that would be so fun to sit on any desk! Great grandparent gift too! I used lots of Willow Bee including the new stamps...how fun!

I also made this utility cup...using the bright and colorful Flaming Butterfly line.

We all know Nikki makes tons of fun chipboard mini's. I really had not done a mini in quite a long time. I had so much fun making this that I know I will be doing more in the very near future!

I loved the Dan the Record Man line immediately! These colors are so great! I used this line and her tag mini to create this album that I recorded some of my favorite photos in. I loved the play on works with record and record!

I kept the same format for each page...it makes for a great clean look!

I covered all the top pages with black cardstock and a strip of pattern paper. I then added just a touch of doodling with a white pen.

The backs were done with white and doodled with black. Each page I made a small journaling spot with pattern paper to record a few details about the photo.

Thanks so much for letting me stop by and share these outside the box scrapping ideas!

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

Love your "outside the box" projects Mimi! And that mini is fantastic and so clever;)

Monique Liedtke said...

How sweet is that snow globe!!! Really creative!!! And I just love your mini album! TFS.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow!!!! mimi!!! these are amazing!! i love love love love love love that snowglobe and the mini totally rocks!! :):)):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lydia Siegel said...

What did you used to make the holes in the mini?

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, Mimi! What totally fun creations! LOVE the details.

Deana said...

SO cute, Mimi! I'm especially loving your ROCKIN' mini! :-)

July said...

Love the snow globe...so out of the box..

01 09 10