Friday, March 12, 2010

Luck Would Have It...

As luck would have it, I am late posting this. So sorry! I can't access blogs from work and it's been a crazy, hectic week so I'm behind in all that I have to do! But better late than never, right? And boy do I have some projects to share with you! I've been waiting for over a month to share because I didn't have a turn to blog here in February due to the short month and all. I think I love these layouts best of all my layouts I've made with Nikki's papers... Her lines just get better and better... SOOOOoo inspiring me lately! So without further ado, here are my new projects with Nikki's new lines and some older lines too:
"Fly" by Jennifer Matott

I love the Flaming Butterfly line for it's amazing POP of color! The blacks and bright colors totally make me happy! I love every piece of that paper! So, I used scraps of it to create a multitude of layers. I added in some torn corregated cardboard and it just all came together for me. I love texture and these patterns are amazing together! I used several of the shapes from the Butterfly Cutie Cut Ups as embellishments and also scattered the burlap buttons around... I LOVE LOVE LOVE those buttons!!!
Here are the butterflies from the cut ups... I pop-dotted them to stick up for dimension.
Here I used the back of the burlap button packaging to create this journaling tag. Just cut out the pre designed tag from the package and VIOLA, instant journaling area.Here is a close up of the layers.

Next up, is my layout using the Willow Bee line:
"Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch" by Jennifer Matott
I love using cardboard as a base for my creations. I wanted to make it look like a honeycomb using Nikki's "Willow Bee" line and glimmer mist to add the shapes from the Cut Ups. I placed them face down and spritzed over them. Removed the shapes and let dry.... Then I used them as embellishments over the sprayed areas. My husband loves this song and I think of him everytime I hear it!
I created the "sugar" with diamond Stickles on foam letters and the "honey" with Distressed Stickles in marigold. Here is a close up of the journaling cloud from the Cut Ups sheet. Totally flipped over the cloud design from Nikki's new line "Willow Bee". It's so inspiring!

I'll leave you with a little "Luck" and my final project using Henry's Brillance, My Sweet Cherry Pie and North Pole Lights lines. I created a display banner for my mantle to go with the St. Patty's Day mood just to show how versatile the lines are and how well they mix for any occasion. It was fun and easy to make these accordian flowers and glittered letters.Here I made the clover with a heart punch and a bit of my own cutting and pasting! Burlap buttons finish it off!

I hope you enjoyed my projects and I'll be back next month; same time, same place, but earlier in the day... LOL!

Oh, if you are Donna E.... I picked you for my winner on my blog crawl item... please notify me (see my blog here for details) by next Friday or I'll pick a new winner to send my garland to. I would love to see it have a home for Spring! I hope to hear from you!!! Thanks to everyone that commented on my blog during the blog crawl. It was so much fun!

XOXO
Jen Matott

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

jen...these are amazing!!!! wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! i love the lo's and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that "luck" banner!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nathalie said...

Fantastic pages Jen!!!! You have such a fun and unique style :)

Katrina Hunt said...

LOVE!!!!!!!! that's all I can say!!!! hugs!!!!!

Deana said...

It was worth the wait, Jen! Your work is adorable, as always!

Jocelyn said...

These are just amazing.....The banner is adorable also!!! LOVE all of these products and I want them all!!!

Linda Beeson said...

It was worth waiting for! LOVE what you did with those papers on the first layout.

janis said...

i especially love your banner! haven't done one, so super thanks for the inspiration. ;o)

scrappermimi said...

Jen...the layering and texture here is just amazing!

Unknown said...

gorgeous jen!!!!!! amazzzzzing work!!!!

~Lori Roop said...

WOW! What fun, fun stuff you've created! I love the green glitter! It just pops!!

01 09 10