Monday, September 27, 2010

I have a "treat" for you!

Hey everyone, it's Katrina here!!!  Nikki and few of the local design team went to Scrap-a-Palooza put on by Scrapbook Generation here in town.  We had a blast! Here are a couple of pics!
Nikki and Laura Parks shopping for some paper!

Chocolate Foutain...yeah, we visited it...TWICE!

And for my project...well, I got a little "misty" over it!  hee hee. I took half of one of the Blueberry Party die cut circles and used it as a mask for my misting!!  I used the back side while misting, so I could still used the front...that way I still have half of it to use on another project!   I got a little more "mist" on the cardstock than I had planned, but I think it all worked out ok!

And I tied some bakers twine thru the "how sweet it is" sticker from the Cardstock Sticker sheet.  I attached it to make it look like it is hanging off the letter.  I love this sheet of stickers, so fun and SO MANY stickers to do fun things with!!!!!

And then, my title was just going to be "Cool Treat" but then I got to playing around and really, really really wanted to use those small letter stickers in the layout somewhere.  That is how the "Enjoying a Cool Treat" title came about.  To accent the A, I just placed it on top of one of the Cute as a Button Burlap Buttons that I used.  And then I just used the letter stickers to spell "cool" but place them on the ribbon to make them stand out!

Just remember...stickers are not just "stickers", you can do things to accent them and make them stand out.  Just like the bow above on the tag and like the "ribbon" word strip!  Play around and see what you come up with!!

Get out there and create, you never know what you will end up with!!!! 

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the pics and THAT LO!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Katrina!! It is AMAZING!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the misting and love love love love love the lacy border!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jill said...

Love your layout, Katrina!!! Just a little jealous though -- would LOVE to go paper shopping w/ you & Nikki {lol}.

Erika M. said...

Very cool!

Linda Beeson said...

Nice - it was good you pointed out different details from your creation and thanks for the little "look" at that event, fun!

Nancywithajones said...

LOVE THIS KATRINA sooo sooo cool! (see what I did there... cool hahahaa) anyway.. LOVE the chocolate fountain grrrrrrr you know I been fee-min.. You need to tell me EVERYTHING you got at this crop I know she had alot of cool stuff because I saw the thread haha. Love this layout girly (and IM SURE she had all nikki's stuff sigh swoon )

Nikki said...

I just love this layout! (Love the mist too) Thanks K!

leah said...

Love the misting and the lace, Katrina! ^_^

01 09 10