Friday, September 24, 2010

Back to School!

It's been a couple weeks since I've been back to school and it's been very busy and very exciting around our house.  I am an elementary art teacher and I'm always looking for ways to add fun elements to my classroom.  Over the summer, I wanted to make new "rules" posters for my room and since I love Nikki's Willow Bee line so much, I decided to use the remainder of my stash to create fun letters for my art room rules.  Here's a little peek at how they turned out:
 It's not the best photo of the posters but you can see that I played with my new Slice machine and cut letters from the Willow Bee line.  I liked the play on the word "Be"...  It was not wasted on my little students.  They loved them!

The week before school started, I threw a "Back to School" party for my son and a few of his friends.  I made cupcakes and used Nikki's craft flags to add fun decoration to them.  I stamped her apple stamp from Henry's Brilliance line too.  They came out so cute and everyone loved them.
 I just started using the My Friend Birdie line and had a blast cutting out the banner and little circles for the border.  I love the colors and decided to create a page about my youngest son and my mom, who is called Nonna. 
 
I hope you are having a wonderful new school year and hope you enjoyed my little projects this month.  I will be taking October off from blogging here but I will share some more fun projects in November using the new lines!

XOXO

Jen

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh AWESOME projects Jen!! i love love love the posters you made for your classroom and love love love the cupcake toppers...and that LO!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all those circles! AMAZING DESIGN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jill said...

Kay.....all these projects Rock!!!! I'm going to add all of them to my Inspiration folder.....LOVE the circles around the border of your LO. Thanks for sharing, Jen.

Linda Beeson said...

I just love those circles for a border, what an adorable idea and it creates such a fun feel to a great layout.

Erika M. said...

How perfectly lovely!

Erika M. said...

I want a back to school party but we've been in school since the beginning of August - perfectly lovely creations!

leah said...

What a sweet layout, Jen! Love that border! :)

01 09 10