Monday, July 5, 2010

OWL always have fun creating with Nikki Sivils' products...

I was in the mood to make something silly recently. I'm not sure that an owl with big pink kissy lips was initially on my mind, but that was my result! My daughter's friend told me it looked more like a cat with those lips, but humor me & go along with the fact that it's SUPPOSED to be an OWL!

Want to see how I made it?

I started with my OWL mini chipboard album...... and painted it white...



I used a circle punch on my Bella, Bella paper & punches out the flowers to begin making my "feathers" (or... it could be a dress... you decide!)



I flipped up the edges of each circle to add texture...


... and then added some Burlap Buttons for the eyes, some pink lips & some more pink for the ears. Although the pink lip "cut-ups" from the Will He B The 1 line is more commonly used for love-themed pages, there's versatility in everything!

I hope you've been inpsired to create something new, in a not-so-obvious way!
OWL be back next month!
Hugs...

11 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

Hee hee! That is silly. Cute l/o!

scrappermimi said...

Can I just say how totally adorable that is!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Deana!!! U ROCK!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what you did with that owl!!!!!! Tooooooooooooooo CUTE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather said...

This is sooo cute! Love the lips!

Linda Beeson said...

But that is cute and her little dress of flowers is too cute!

Erika M. said...

Too cute!

Katrina Hunt said...

OMG...Deana....that is freakin' cute!!!! And...yeah...it does kind of look like a cat...but hey....cat by day..owl by night!!!! Great l/o! Hugs!

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

That's an adorable owl Deanna!

Jennifer Yates said...

DARLING Deana! such a cute way to use the owl!

Nikki said...

Great Great project!! You always amaze me with your work!!

EverydayMe said...

killer cute girl...
{{hugs}}Michelle

01 09 10