Monday, July 19, 2010

Lots of goodness on a little card or two!

I love to make cards. I am not sure why exactly, maybe it's the smaller space that you get to work with. Anyway, I am going to share two cards with you today that include all kinds of goodness in their little spaces.
This first card uses all kinds of pieces of the NEW Blueberry Hill collection. It just says, "sunny shiny day"! On my card, I just started combining all kinds of pieces from this collection, not too sure of my destination and then I thought the finishing touch would be a little figure of a person, walking, looking like they were enjoying the day. THUS, a cute photo of my youngest grandson. He is about 2 1/2" tall. My little scallop hills are cut from a piece of the round patterned piece in this collection.
The sun and clouds are cut out of the die cut piece. I added the sunshine and the little cut out fella with foam tape so there was added dimension. You can barely see the little glitter accents on the clouds and sunshine where I used Glitter 3-D Fashion Paint by Tulip.
This next cards uses all kinds of pieces cut from the Will He Be the 1 collection. I just loved how a piece of this and a piece of that fit together so nicely. That red, dot embossed piece along the top is a piece of Core Impressions by Core'dinations. It comes with the dots already embossed in it.
My flower is three circles punched from cardstock. I just made clips into the circles and then crumpled and folded the edges up. Could there be any better finishing touch to a flower then this pink corduroy brad! LOVE these things.
Did you know that each collection by Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker comes with a mini pad? That means that the patterns are smaller in these 6" square pieces. I have used some of those on both of my cards. The smaller patterns are great for cards and the smaller work space of a card.
Thanks for visiting, Linda Beeson, Design Team member

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Linda...these are GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the scene you have created for your grandson to "walk" through...and I loveeeeeeeeeee that flower on your 'will he b the 1?' card!!! Just ABSOLTUELY WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea said...

Lovely cards, especially the one with your grandson..
Very creative!

Kathy Martin said...

A whole lot of cuteness here! :)

jill said...

GREAT cards......very cheery!!! and very creative with the product....LOVE them both!!!

Monika said...

Beautiful cards Linda! They al make me happy ;)

Christa Allgood said...

I love both cards but especially the first one!! What a great idea!!

Deana said...

All kinds of goodness is right, Linda! LOVE your cards! I especially adore when you use little photo cut-outs on your cards & altered decor projects! :-)

01 09 10