Friday, July 2, 2010

Christine's Card Challenge

Cards, to me, are like little mini scrapbooks. They all have titles, paper, images and embellishments. I use the same design principles as those that I use for scrapbooking. Rule of thirds, odd number of embellishments, focal point, keeping a triangular design, etc. I wonder if you can point out some of the design principles that I used while making these cards.

I "heart" U
Supplies: U R My Favorite 6x6 Mini Paper Pad, Cutie Cut-ups

Thank You
Supplies: Willow's Bee 6x6 Mini Paper pad, Buzzin Around paper; Bee's Cute Cut-Ups; Brown Burlap Buttons

Hi

Supplies used: Bella's House, Bella's Graph from Bella Blue and Oscar Too 6x6 paper pad; Bella's Cutie cut-Ups; Burlap Buttons in Blue; Pockets of Treats Sticker Sheet

You might notice that I created my cards using unusual sizes. With making handmade envelopes easier these days, creating cards in different sizes is fun and doable.

Here is a challenge to you.
Make a card using Nikki Sivils products in a size that is NOT 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Stop by my blog and leave a link in the comments section to your card and I will randomly pick a winner to receive a fun prize. Deadline for this challenge is Monday, July 12th at 8:00p.m. est.

xoxo, Christine

8 comments:

Gabi Alberti said...

Wowwwwwwwwww!!! I loved all!!! They're perfect!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!! These are ALL GORGEOUS Christine!!! And what a FAB challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nathalie said...

Great cards Christine! and great challenge!

Scrapamum said...

Oh my, those cards are gorgeous!

Linda Beeson said...

What great cards, I just love to see all the ways others think to use the papers.

Kathy Martin said...

Such a sweet bunch of cards! Very colorful and fun! :)

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

Love your cards! I am so not a card-maker, they always leave me stumped!

scrappermimi said...

Such cute cards!

01 09 10