Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On Blueberry Hill...


Liz Qualman here today and I am over the "hill" excited about Nikki's new collection Blueberry Hill and I have a couple of projects to share to with you all...
Check out the BRAND new Nikki Sivils Blueberry Hill collection! Oh my...these are some of the yummiest colors for summer... I love the deep blue weave paper and blue checks along with the deep green. It was the perfect color palette for these photos of my daughter playing in the grass. I used a block style for the layout to show off some of the 6x6 Blueberry Hill patterned papers. Then to break up the blue, green and white palette, I added some of the yellow accents from the collection with sunflowers and mixed in the orange sicker letters from the My Friend Birdie collection. Both of these collections are being released at CHA next week and will be available soon...
I love the way the yellow ampersand breaks up the title and those darling little burlap buttons are adhesive and one of Nikki's awesome embellishments. They come in a few different sizes and colors and are an easy/perfect touch to a layout.
I cannot get enough of these little craft flags and and just added a rub-on to dress it up. I also added one of Nikki's corduuroy brads for an extra accent.
I had so much fun with this layout...I used a 8x10 photo because I love this picture of my daughter and I thought it would look perfect tucked into the sunflower swirl on the patterned paper. I used a craft knife to cut along the swirls and the sunflowers to open up the slits to tuck in the photo. I also used my smallest circle punch to punch out a few of the yellow pin wheels from the 6x6 pad of the Blueberry Hill papers and pop dotted them to add more dimension.
Then I noticed the adorable little red checked photo corners on Nikki's Sticker Sheet and decided that they would perfectly decorate little flag banners, so I cut some banners with my Brand NEW Cricut Country Life cartridge and added the photo corners and mini letters for fun.
The sticker sheets that are included with this collection are the perfect accents to this collection. I cut the yellow pin wheel out of one of the patterned papers and then added a sunflower sticker as the center.

Thank you so much for stopping by - Liz

No comments:

01 09 10