Monday, July 26, 2010

Birds of a feather

Hi there! It´s Monika here, making my first ever post for Nikki Sivils. It´s a bit scary but I hope I will be able to inspire you. Well… Actually, that shouldn´t be a problem, who doesn´t get inspired just by looking at these gorgeous patterns and colors. I´m for one totally in L O V E!


I´ve used the “My Friend Birdie” collection for these summery photos. They are taken on the day after Midsummer (a Swedish holiday), and it was one of the first really warm days of summer.


I love to use my sewing machine on my layouts. Not that I like sewing so much but I love the result it gives – it makes a layout look so much more worked on.


The “My Friend Birdie” line has a round die cut paper with scalloped edges, it is so beautiful, but I just couldn’t fit it in on this layout, so instead, I used the “scallops” by cutting them two by two and make the borders for the photo.



This is a card I made for my nice, she loves purple and the “Boo-tiful” line was perfect for this. My daughter was a bit worried that she might notice that the card is made of Halloween papers, but as Halloween isn´t all that big here in Sweden, I don´t think it will be a problem.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwww! Monika..these are both gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the flowers and layers and loveeeeeee the card you made with 'boo-tiful'...cuz that's what it is....just beautiful! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TeenaBugg38 said...

oooooooooooooooh that card is STUNNING!!!! I adore the LO too....waht size is that?

Monika said...

TeenaBugg38
The size is a4, European letter, it´s about 8 x 12 inches.

kitsNbits said...

beautiful, love it

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous layout, Monka! Love the stitching and flowers! Stunning card too, I would have never guessed that you used Halloween papers, brilliant!
Happy Monday :)
hugs, margie

Linda Beeson said...

Really nice, I sooooo love that purple patterned paper and I really like how you used it.

A Sarasota said...

Gorgeous! love the purple!

Michèle said...

your page is beautiful !!! but this card, simply gorgeous !! wow !

Kristie W. said...

Your page is beautiful, I love the clusters of flowers...and the card, WOW - it is gorgeous!! Great work!

01 09 10