Friday, July 9, 2010

Bee Happy!

I am in full summer mode right now... School is out, kids are home, lots of fun to be had! I'm an art teacher so this is my time to regroup and get creative with my kids! Along with the end of the school year, is the reflection of the year past. It flew by for me and for him... both of us new in our elementary schools. He has grown so much as a student and I as a teacher. However, we are enjoying our summer off right now.

So, I have three projects to share with you today. The first is a layout that I made about my oldest son, Mark. He just graduated Kindergarten and is going into 1st grade (where has time gone???). I wanted to create a page showing his personality this year at school and to remind me of this time. I used the Henry's Brilliance line here to give the school feel and then used Cinder Glimmer Mist over Tim Holtz masks for the numbered background.
Climb by Jennifer Matott
The scraps of paper were cut with zig zags and scallops by hand to create a layered and funky feel. I also punched some of the paper scraps with a notebook edge punch to add more texture. I used a gold star and added Stickles to it to make it shine! The text is done with a Dymo labeler (one of my favorite ways to add words!).

Next project is a jar that I made using the Willow Bee line. I am loving the Willow Bee line so much!! The colors are perfect for summer! They are so sunny and happy! We have a very sassy 5 year old in our house (aren't all 5 year olds sassy?). So, to curb the naughtiness and encourage the positive behaviors, I created a reward jar. He gets a marble for each good deed and behavior and one is removed for negative ones. When he fills the jar, he gets a reward (a day with mommy or daddy, a playdate with a friend, or some spending money). It is working out great! He is totally motivated! How could you NOT be with this adorable jar??!! I covered it with Willow Bee papers and cut out a few cute bees. It sits prominently on the counter.
Bee Good by Jennifer Matott

A few posts ago, Mimi made a Silly Bandz container HERE. I was so inspired by that adorable creation, that I had to make one of my own!!!! Her idea was fabulous!!! I thought it would be funny to label it Bee Silly! This is my version.
Bee Silly by Jennifer Matott

I love it so much that I may keep it for my own Silly Bandz (yes, I have some... my students gave me some and now my son is crazy for them so he "trades" with me!). My son is anxious to have one of his own so I am making more!!! LOVE this idea Mimi!!!! I'm constantly inspired by other artists, especially here on Nikki's blog!!! We have alot of talent here. I look forward to posting again next month! Hope you enjoyed my projects and stay cool!

Jen Matott

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love all of these Jen!! I loveeeeeeeee the LO and love love love what you did with that jar and the tin!!! GREAT ideas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kathy Martin said...

My goodness....fun projects! :)

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, what really fun creations! I am so loving the details!

Scrapamum said...

Your projects got me in the mood too!!! Great stuff!!!

Erika M. said...

Too darling!

leah said...

Love it!! I adore all of the bright colrs and the masking that you've done!! ^_^

jill said...

awesome projects & your layout rocks!!!!! love the layers.

01 09 10