Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our May Guest Designer: Monika Martinson!


My name is Monika Martinson and I live in Sweden, just outside of Stockholm with my daughter, who is now 6, and her father. I have been scrapping since 2004, when my DD was born.

Up till a few months ago I would have said that my scrap style is shabby- chic-romantic, with lots of layers, torn paper and flowers. However all of the sudden I got bored of myself and I started experimenting with a different style and a different size. Nikki Sivils papers would not have been my first choice for my previous style but now… Well, it was love at first sight when I got my guest dt-kit.

Layout: “Dresses”
This layout would probably best represent my older scrap style. It was so much fun to play with all the cute embellishments that I almost couldn´t stop. The layout is about how difficult I find it to buy clothes now that my body doesn´t look as it ought to. I guess I`m the only one around here with that problem?




Layout: “Mössa” – in English “Hat”
On this layout I used so many patterns I could. The flower pattern was downloaded from the internet and I also added a few flowers. I printed the title on one of the PP:s. To make them look like chipboard, I glued layers of CS together.
This layout is about how much my DD loves her hats, very much unlike her mother.



Cards
I am totally in love with these patterns and they are so perfect for cards. My cards are “Good Luck” cards for colleagues that are quitting their jobs.
On two of the cards I made my own rose, really easy and a lot of fun. A warning though – if you start, you might spend a lot of hours doing them, they are definitely addictive
.








18 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Monika! These are amazing! Wowwwwwwww! U rocked this line! Thanks for being with us this month! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

WOW, stunning work, Monika! Congrats on being guest designer this month! :-)

Annelie Maddock said...

I love everything Monika does, and these are no exception. Rocking it for SURE!

Monique Liedtke said...

Oh my, I'm totally in love!! with all your creations!!! These really really rock!! TFS!!

Linda Beeson said...

What romantic creations! Your attention to detail is stunning and such a delight to see. THANKS!

Scrapamum said...

These are such beautiful creations!

janis said...

beautiful, beautiful creations monika!!!!

Unknown said...

wow, beautiful work monika, looove your style!

Nikki said...

Monika you are so very talented! So happy you were our GDT this month! I love everything you've created! Thank you for making my products look so good!! -Nikki

Tere Azua said...

Your work is fabulous, so full of details.
Thanks for sharing these gorgeous creations with us!

Monika said...

Thank you so much ladies for al your kind words. It´s such an honor to be the guest dt this month and crating with this beutiful line is so easy! Im so thankful to have been given the chance!

Hilde Janbroers said...

I loved everything the first moment I saw it! You are so very talented!!
thanks for being our Guest Designer

Janet's Joy said...

Gorgeous projects!!! Congrats to you!

Nathalie said...

Your work is absolutely gorgeous Monika!!!!!!! Everything is so beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

absolutley beautiful

Unknown said...

gorgeous, gorgeous work Monika!!! I just ADORE your cards!!! So glad to have you here guest designing this month!!! :)

scrappermimi said...

These are fab! Congrats on your GDT gig!

Mette said...

Som alltid - helt underbara allihop!!!!!

In english:
As always - just wonderful all of them!!!!!

01 09 10