Friday, May 28, 2010

celebrating dad

TGIF, right?
Hey y'all, it's Rae Barthel blogging today :)

Father's Day is fast approaching, and this year I will NOT be late
getting my Father's Day cards made!!
That's because I have them done NOW
and I'd love to share them with you!

Now you know that
Dan the Record Man
is the PERFECT line to use for Father's Day cards, right?

'you spin me right 'round' card


Here I used arrow die cuts, a record player,
and patterned paper from the
Dan the Record Man collection.
Add a computer-generated sentiment, and voila,
instant Father's Day card!
I'm planning on giving this one to my ♥hubby♥!
_______________________________________

'rock star dad' card
I kept this one a little simple, just adding some
stamped sentiments to the gorgeous patterned paper.
My husband will be giving this card to his dad, who has
just been released from the hospital. He has really been
a 'rock star' through his long hospital stay!!
____________________________________________

'my dad rocks' card
Thought that this one would be perfect for the kids to give
to dear 'old' dad! They tease him relentlessly about this taste in music,
so it will actually be quite funny for him to receive!!
Again here I used more die cuts from the collection, and added the
record player border. Just added a few alpha stickers to
create the sentiment.
___________________________________________

'Rock & Roll dad' card
Those record player adapter thing-a-ma-bobs just
crack me up!! This card will be perfect to give to my dad!!
I will remind him that I totally remember those adapters lying
around by the record player and listening to his Rolling Stones albums
as a kid!!!!
I love that record paper too!! Just think, kids these days have NO clue
what records are!! The die cut stars were the perfect embellishment
for the card!!
_________________________________________

Feeling inspired to get a jump start on your Father's Day cards?
Don't look further than the
Dan the Record Man collection
it has ALL you need to make some
'rockin' cards for Dad!!

Until next time....
~♥~
rae


11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! Rae!! These are JUST AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Monique Liedtke said...

I'm sure the father who receives these cards will be thrilled!! What a great collection of fathers day cards did you make!!! TFS!

Jenn said...

love that first card and the song! :D

Erika M. said...

Loving today's cards!

Linda Beeson said...

Are you supposed to say that "guys" cards are "cute"! Cause these so are!!! Great ideas with those papers.

She's a Color Queen said...

These are most wonderful father's day creations!!! Time to scrap lift!

She's a Color Queen said...

Perfect cards!! Love them all!

Scrapamum said...

I love what your did!!!!! Dan the Record Man is my favorite line! It is soooooo perfect for Father's Day. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations!!!

Nikki said...

Rae- you out did yourself!! I love all of these!!

Michèle said...

Wow !!!!!! YOU Rock !!!!

Audra said...

super fun cards!! :)

01 09 10