Wednesday, May 26, 2010

From a favorite movie to a Father's Day project...

Hello, it is Nathalie here today sharing with you my latest projects with Nikki's collections.
I created this 6X12 page (one of my favorite format) using the fun Will He B the 1 collection. With its yellow tickets, popcorn prints and pink papers, it was perfect for this page that I have been meaning to do about a family favorite:

You can click to enlarge
You see, in our family, we are often caught laughing out loud when quoting silly sentences from the Pink Panther (which has been viewed many times) and I am very glad to have made a page about it so that my kids will remember that!

Loving the yellow and grey combo of many of the patterned papers in Dan The Record Man, I was super inspired to use it for a Father's Day project I had in mind for my husband. I asked my kids to come up with a few sentences about their dad (like "I love it when you take me fishing" or "You're awesome Dad!") and printed them to make paper strips. I then created fortune cookies using the 6X6 mini paddie inserting the strips as I folded them.

Finally, I purchased a chinese take out box (less than $2 at Michael's) and covered it using two sheets of Hear the Beat. Added a tag (from the Record Cutie cut-ups) and there you have a fun and personalized gift for Father's Day!


ETA: I have added a tutorial for my Father's Day project (including the fortune cookies) on my blog:
HERE.

14 comments:

Carin McDonough said...

Lovely layout and what an amazing idea for a fathers day gift! I just adore the little fortune cookies and the box is gorgeous too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW Nathalie!!!!! I am IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with that LO and those fortune cookies and box are AMAZING!!! HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

scrappermimi said...

Awesome...so loving that box and fortune cookies! Brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Love the fortune cookies!

Tere Azua said...

Love the layout!!! I just made my very fist layout inspired on a song title.
Now, you just gave me another idea with this awesome page.

And the take-out box with cookies...simply adorable!!!!!

Scrapamum said...

That layout is so awesome! I love the yellow tickets! The chinese takeout box with fortune cookies is so fab!

Lydia Siegel said...

I love those fortune cookies!

Linda Beeson said...

Those papers for your little layout are so the perfect choice! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your DAD creation. How adorable are those fortune cookies and they are so masculine too.

Deana said...

Love, love, love it, Nathalie! The LO AND the "cookies!" :-)

anna said...

love your fathers day project!need to know how you made those fortune cookies :):)

Hanneke said...

Ooh I love the fortune cookies!! what a great fathersdaygift, he will love it!!!

Nathalie said...

Anna, I just posted a tutorial for the cookies (and the box) on my blog:
http://anounceofcreativity.blogspot.com/2010/05/fathers-day-project-chinese-take-out.html

Erika M. said...

Cool creations today on the blog!

Unknown said...

love that movie! great LO!

01 09 10