Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hi all! Mimi here as your blog hostess of the day! I just wanted to share a few projects with you.

I am in love with Nikki's line Dan the Record Man. It is so versatile! I created this layout of my brother's puppy Jake. Is he not the cutest?



Spellbinders did a fun product swap with the design team and I was thrilled to get a few embossing impressabilites...these are so darn fun! For this layout I laid a die over some cardstock and with a make-up sponge I inked over it. I then punched some circle out of the cardstock...super easy way to make your own unique embellishments. Thank you so much Spellbinders!

Here is a little detail shot...



I also used a die to emboss over metal tape. I think it makes for a great effect...very masculine too! Just in time for Father's Day!



This is kind of tough to see...sorry! The glare off metal tape makes it tough to get a picture of.



Last but not least I wanted to share a card I made for someone that has been having a rough couple of weeks. I used spray inks to color the flowers and then laid the punched circle over them...added a few dots of stickles for fun...so pretty I think!



Hope you are all having a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo Mimi!! These are AWESOME!! I love love love love love love that LO!! Your brothers puppy is soooooooooooo cute!! And those CARDS ROCK!!! I am loving the one for the friend that's been having a few rough weeks!! *wink* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Scrapamum said...

I tooo love Dan the record man!!! Great LO!!!!

Deana said...

Great post, Mimi! Always love your work! :-)

Nikki said...

OMG!! I love that layout of Jake!! So cute, and DTRMan worked so good for it too!

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful! I love what you did with the Dan the Record Man papers, great looks and then that little peek at something so feminine!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super cute layout of Jake!! and I love your cards! TFS!

Tere Azua said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

01 09 10