Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friends and Kindred Spirits

Everytime I look at this sweet little bird, I think about a childrens show called Peep and the Big Wide World. My children and I watch it here and there, and it always makes me smile.

Hi Everyone, Erika Taylor here today with a few cards to share using the Tree Love and My Friend Birdie collections. I absolutely love how these two collections mix together. The color palette of each one of the collections are so stinkin versatile and the images, BEYOND SWEET!!!!

For this first "Friends" card, I've added a little stickles love to various parts of the card to give a little sparkle. Many of you know I'm part magpie, so this is to be expected hehe. I also cut a few different elements out of the Birdie Cut Ups and paired it with cardstock stickers from the collection, to really give some great dimension in the sentiment. Whatcha think?




Next a card using both the Tree Love and My Friend Birdie Collections together. I love that little hint of blue. Goes perfectly with those cute Blue Burlap Buttons don't ya think? The trees in the Tree Love line are truly magical. I love the whimsy they all have and figured what better statement for a beaver to make to the forest than "Kindred Spirits"


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. What is your favorite part about fall?

Until Next Time
Toodles
Erika Taylor

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Erika!! These are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I love love the layers and the way they just pop up! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Erika M. said...

Love the pumpkins, the cooler weather and of course Pumpkin Spice Lattes - your creations are awesome!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! I love all the layers and details! Beautiful work!
hugs, margie

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

PS! I adore the new badges! I grabbed 2 ;) TFS! :)

Hanneke said...

Sweet cards, love them both!!!

kitsNbits said...

Erika, these are awesome cards!!

01 09 10