Friday, June 18, 2010

Mixing patterns and products

I find my greatest inspiration for creating from challenges. A challenge this week at Moxie Fab is to create with a bicycle as part of the design. I love to use my own photos on cards whenever I can so this photo I had just taken of an adorable little house with a cute little bicycle sitting along the fence was the choice I knew I wanted to use.
With the colors in the photo, I could just see these papers from these two different collections matching just right. I love to use a collection of papers because they are made to go together so well, but I also love to pull together patterns from other collections that make it all work. The background paper is from the Will He B the 1 collection and the soft, green scallop circle is from the Ellie's Day Out collection. This piece is actually a larger circle but I cut just the green part out of the larger circle so it would fit on my card and so I could use this color.
My little flowers were created with punched out circles from the Date Night Strips patterned paper. I used those punched out circles as the base of my flowers with a little punched flower placed on that and a self adhesive button in the middle. These buttons are the BEST - self adhesive and cute with the little burlap look on them and the stitching already in place. How does it get any easier?

I cut out one of the little tickets for an accent and what is funny about that is that we were driving down the 101 in California when we stopped in this cute little town with Victorian houses everywhere and that is where I took this photo.
I already had this piece of Date Night Strips sitting on my desk so I cut out a portion of it to create my little birthday card.
The pink heart is part of the strip, I cut out an additional heart to layer over that and I also cut out tickets from the You're the Ticket paper.
I cut the strips apart in the piece of paper I had using scallop scissors and then I tucked the circle piece under the other so just a portion of the circles peek out.
Thanks for visiting, Linda Beeson, Design Team member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - PARTY card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Date Night Strips/Well He B the 1/Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker
Self adhesive buttons – Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker

Circle punch – Papershapers
Sandpaper
Self adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Foam tape – 3M
Alphabet stickers – K&Co.
Scallop scissors – Family Treasures
Machine sewing


FLOWERY BICYCLE card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Hot Lips/Well He B the 1 and Ellie’s Day/Ellie’s Day Out/Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker
Ticket – Date Cutie Cut-Ups/Will He B the 1/Nikki Sivils Scrapboooker
Punched circles – Date Night Strips/Will He B the 1/Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker
Self adhesive buttons – Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker

Circle punch – Papershapers
Sandpaper
Self adhesive pearl flourish – Zva Designs
Foam tape – 3M
Alphabet stickers – K&Co.
Corner Rounder punch - Fiskars
Ribbon

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh Linda!!! These are FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo and ribbon in the first one...and loveeeeeeeeeee the stitching in the second!!! Both are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Great cards, love the one with the photo, great idea!!!

Deana said...

Absolutely beautiful, Linda! Your work always inspires & amazes me! :-)

Scrapamum said...

These are gorgeous!

Tere Azua said...

I love the layout!!!!
Is sooooo cute!
what a prety way to combine 2 different collections!

mommyof5kidz said...

OMGoodness! I Absolutely adore everything! That Birthday card is Fantabulous!

Jane Wetzel said...

omg- cant get any better then this! the dp is so PRETTY and that pic is tooo PERFECT! I need a new camera.... :) and btw..some talent...

Unknown said...

Wow Linda both of your cards are fantastic, I always get inspiration from your work and lovin those colors and flowers you made....again love both of your cards.....

Nathalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did this month Linda!!! That first card blows me away!

Unknown said...

oh my word Linda, these are AMAZING!!! LOVE the bicycle card, what a fantastic, clever idea (and such a gorgeous photo too!), and I love your birthday card as well... amazing work, as always!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I love all the details Linda! Wow.. what gorgeous creations...

scrappermimi said...

I know your work before I even see your name...fab!

01 09 10