Saturday, June 12, 2010

How about some layout fun?!

Hey Everyone!!! It's Katrina and I have a couple of projects to share with you. The first one is with the Ellie's Day Out collection. This collection has one of my FAVORITE papers in it. The pink "Ellie's Shoes/Pink is Pretty" paper....LOVE IT! The pink side just reminds me of lamps! This is a layout that I was going to share last month, but with work happenings, Michele Beck graciously took my blogging post!!! THANK YOU Michele! Ok, here is my layout that I didn't get to share yet!

And now....for a little something TOTALLY different than that sweet, pink, and pretty page! Spring/Summer around here calls for festivals of all kinds. The one that I ALWAYS attend since discovering it is ArtsFest. It's always in May, usually rains....BUT I always have fun! Lots of different sites and sounds to take in...although, I don't recall any scrappy stuff....mmm...we may need to work on that! If you love handmade jewelry it's THE place to go. AND a great way to scrap lots of pictures of any event is to use a collage type mask or overlay. You can do this if you have Photoshop (or Elements) or on sites like Picnik.

I love all the bright colors that seem to be around ArtsFest and when I went thru the pictures I took, I realized the good pictures had orange in them....WELL...hello Mr. "Dan The Record Man collection"!!!! These papers were PERFECT to scrap this event. And yeah....they are "music" papers, but you know us scrapbookers we love to use paper for different themes! So...here we go......I used the Cute as a Button buttons for accents on things....LOVE THEM...did you know they are self adhesive?? How neat is that...you don't have to try to figure out how to attach them. (secret...I have a tendency to get glue dots EVERYWHERE!) I made the little hangers out of some floral wire, it took a little longer than I thought, but I like how they turned out! And I also used some of the Cut Up's on the shirt! Here's a close up.....

And I have ONE more layout with the Dan the Record Man collection!!! This is a mural that I found downtown and thought it was just too pretty of NOT to take a picture...then I decided to ham it up a bit for the camera! ha ha ha!!! And remember, you can always CUT UP those pretty round die cut papers and use them as accents. It took me awhile to get over that I had to use them all as one piece and was never able to come up with a layout!



That's it from me today! I hope I inspired you to create, Create, CREATE!!!!!! And don't forget the NEW DESIGN TEAM will be announced soon!!!!!!!

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME Katrina!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those little shirts and hangers!!!! Soooooooooo cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey said...

These are fabulous layouts!! Love them!!

Monika said...

Beautiful layouts!

Kathy Martin said...

Fabulous pages! :)

Scrapamum said...

These are gorgeous!!!

Deana said...

Darling pages, Katrina! And those hanging shirts you made are ADORABLE! :-)

01 09 10