Friday, June 4, 2010

a day to celebrate...

Ten years ago this month marks a special moment in my life. My father, dressed in a tux and I in my wedding dress, walked me down the aisle to begin a new chapter in my life. The day following my wedding was Father’s Day. With each passing year there is so much to be thankful for and this year is no exception. So to celebrate my dad this Father’s Day a card made just for him…
I am in love with the record stamp. Here I used it to make the waves, or water, around the sail boat. Additional supplies include Dan The Record Man paper, Will He Be The 1 paper, sail boat made from cardstock stickers pocket, "wave" paper from Willow Bee, stamp on mini tag from U R My Favorite.

It is a busy month for most of us. The beginning of summer...ready to relax and enjoy everything it has to offer. One more card for those many celebrations throughout the next three months.
I had been wanting to do a cupcake like this for awhile and thought it was about time. Here I used paper from Will He Be The 1, My Sweet Cherry Pie, and Ellie's Day Out. I also used a cord brad, cardstock stickers, and stamp from Flaming Butterfly.

Go enjoy and hope you get lots of scrap time in...I know I will!

Until next time...

Andrea

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Andrea!!! Omygosh!!! These are amazing!!!! But first....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that sailboat and loving how U used the record for the waves!!! And HOLY CUTE CUPCAKE!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Scrapamum said...

These 2 cards are so fabulous! I love everything about them!!!

Kathy Martin said...

These are FABULOUS! Love the soft colors of the first and the cupcake and sentiment on the second! AWESOME! :)

Angela Fehr said...

I just love that cupcake - way too cute!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome cards, both of them!! Love how you created the waves of the first card and that cupcake looks delicious!!

She's a Color Queen said...

Oh that sail boat card is fan-tab-ulous!! I really like the record stamp being used as waves...I may need to borrow that idea!

Cupcake is yummy!!

So much creative talent here!

Linda Beeson said...

I am so amazed at your cardmaking ability! These are just the cutest cards, LOVE that boat and wowie on the cupcake. I don't think you could have made it any cuter.

scrappermimi said...

These cards are just Darling! Happy anniversary too!

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love the boat card. Who would have thought to use a record stamp for waves - very clever!

01 09 10