Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ellie's Day Out

Hi Everyone,
Anna here with today's post. Here in the UK is glorious and I am enjoying the beautiful English Summer we are having here at the moment.
Today I am sharing some projects using Ellies Day Out. As with all Nikki's collection, "Ellies Day Out" comes with a shaped pattern paper. I love my shaped papers, which is why I "heart" Nikki Sivils!!!



On this layout of my daughter "Blooming" I used a half sheet of "Ellies Day" and layered on to 2 strips of paper; Pure Shopping, Pink is Pretty.

I love the delicate doilies out at the moment, so added a small doilies for a feminine touch.




My photo of my daughter has been mounted onto "Ellies Shoes".

I love to cluster embellishment on my layouts. I had fun cutting out lots of embellishments from the diecut sheet, "Ellies Cutie Cut Ups".



Handbags, tickets and circles were layered and clustered with chipboard flowers, pretty mulberry flowers and a chipboard birdie.

Finally I used some chipboard to make my title and layered this onto the tickets from the diecut sheet.
Here in the UK, we still have a few more weeks of school left, and all us Mum's are thinking about Teacher gifts.

I made a Thank you card and a cute giftbag that I will definitely use as a Teachers Gift this year; add a few homemade sweets/cookies and a gift card and my present is complete!

Thanks Card


I cannot waste any of my scraps, this card was made using the scraps from my layout. I cut the scallop semi circle from "Ellies Day" and added a few scrap strips onto my card with 3d foam pads. A couple of diecut shapes and a jewel adds the finishing touches.


Gift Bag


These gift bags are a staple in my house for making quick thank you gifts with a couple of homemade cookies in.

1 sheet of paper is all you need to make 2 bags! I have added a diecut handbag, a scrummy corduroy brad and a flag. Just add some pretty coordinating ribbon to tie your bag together.

Instructions :
  • Trim your 12" x 12" sheet into 6" x 12"
  • Now score 1 1/2" in from each side
  • Next score 5" up from the bottom and from the top
  • Score 2" down and 1 1/2" in, on all 4 sides
  • Cut along the line to the 5" score line, and cut the 2" x 1 1/2" out.
  • Ink if you want all edges at this stage
  • Using double sided tape, adhere 2 of the flaps and stick to from a box
  • Now lift up the 2 sides, you now have your basic cookie bag.
  • I now made a flap to pop over the top of my bad, using a scalloped punch.
  • I stuck the scalloped circle onto one side of the bag, and punch a hole and thread ribbon through to keep the bag closed.
  • Decorate your bag as you wish :)

Enjoy your Summer, keep scrapping!

Anna x

http://www.scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

dstandard said...

Beautiful page and cards! Great style!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Anna!! Love these!! That lo is GORGEOUS!!! And loving the card and the gift bag!! Thanks for the step by step! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michèle said...

OMG !!! Anna, you rocked this line, totally !!! i love what you did !!!!

Scrapamum said...

Beautiful! This line is so soft and pretty!!! Love what you did!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow did you ever make all of those papers SHINE! Wonderful ideas.

Carina Lindholm said...

WOW Anna! your work is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Just love your work girl!

hilde janbroers said...

I love your layout! and that card, simply stunning!
Love the giftbag idea!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love how you placed all your embellishments!

Unknown said...

thansk for all the lovely comments ladies :)
Anna x

01 09 10