Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A House and a Wreath!

Anyone love to do altered projects?  I know I do and there are a few girls on the team that like to also.  If you haven't tried to alter something, once you do you will be hooked, I promise.  

Jen Matott is one of our Divas that like to alter and you have to SEE this gingerbread house that she made out of Gingerbread Land.  So, so cute and this was a total hit at CHA this summer!


 I love how she punched out the circles and then used them as the "shingles" on the roof!  
  
And this is a 3-D tree that she made by cutting out tree shapes with her Cricut and then gluing them together.  I love the buttons as ornaments also.  

And then I made this wreath out of Gingerbread Land also for the sketch over at Sketch Support this week.  The sketch was the tree part of the wreath and I though Nikki's papers would look great for it.

I also used my Cricut to cut out the snowflakes and then I hot glued them onto my wreath base.  


So, hopefully we have inspired you to make a little altered item for your holiday season.  Even if you make just an ornament, it makes the holiday just a little more special with something that is handmade!  

Don't forget, only a little over a WEEK to get your design team applications in!  Check all the details out on the call...HERE.

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina 

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these Jen and Katrina!! WOW WOW WOW!!! You both knocked it out of the park!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh how fun! love these!

Jennifer Ciriano said...

So whimsical! Love it!

Jamilie said...

These are FANTASTIC!!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! Fabulous festive projects today! Thanks for the inspiration!

mommyof5kidz said...

LOVE the projects!

Linda Beeson said...

Wowie, these are the coolest projects ever! Amazing!

Melanie said...

FUN altered projects. LOVE the wreath :)

Deana said...

Darling projects, Katrina & Jen!

Nikki said...

Love both of these! Great work ladies! Thanks!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

A-mazing projects, all beautiful projects!

01 09 10