Monday, October 4, 2010

It's a Boo-tiful Monday!

It's a Boo-tiful Monday here at Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker and I have some really fun projects to share in getting ready for one of my very favorite holidays: Halloween.  I think I have more fun scrapbooking photos for this festive celebration than any other holiday.  How can you not love black, orange, purple and green all mixed up together???  I'm getting a little giddy anticipating the end of this month and another year of photos.  What are your super cute little stinkers going to be this year?
Aren't these Boo-tiful papers and embellishments so much fun???  I love the bright colors mixed with the distressing and the ghosts are pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.   Perfect for my little spooky girl.  She loves this holiday as much as I do and still insists on wearing her costumes all year round.
I mixed one of Nikki's cute little Craft Flags in with the ghosts and added the sentiment, "Boo!"  I also inked the edges with some chalk ink to make the white flag stand out more against the spooky white ghost.  Then I tied on a little polka dot bow for some added fun.
Nikki's Burlap Buttons make the perfect finishing touch by adding a little interest and texture to the layout.  The thing I love most about these, is you just stick the little suckers right onto the project.  No sewing necessary and no need to add adhesive.  I also used my Cricut to cut this shape in the striped paper to break up the squareness of the layout and then used the shadow feature to cut the black mat.
Nikki adds so many cute embellishments right into her papers.  I used a 1 1/2 inch circle punch to pull this pumpkin out of one of the papers.  Then I inked the edges and pop-dotted it to make it stand out more.
This card completely cracks me up!  I used one of the chipboard ghosts from Nikki's awesome Ghost Mini album that is currently being featured in this month's Creating Keepsake Magazine (see below).  I am a big fan of Nikki's 6x6 patterned papers and this striped paper is the perfect background for this spooky little guy.  I cut the sign from the embellishment page in Nikki's Boo-tiful papers and added the sentiment with some of her sticker letters from the Tree Love Collection.
Can you see it in the Number 1 spot???  We are all very excited about being featured, especially since we know how much fun Nikki's Chipboard Mini Albums are.  Make sure you check out the others HERE.
I'll close it out with one more card.  I can't seem to get enough of these frightening little ghosts, so I had to add them to the bottom of this card along with a big "Boo" sentiment which I cut with my Cricut using more of the 6x6 Boo-tiful patterned papers.  Hope you all have as much fun creating this month as I am...and don't forget to grab some of Nikki's Boo-tiful collection before it is all gone :)

Thank you so much for stopping by - Liz

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW WOW WOW WOW Liz!!! These are ALL GORGEOUS!! That lo, the cards!!!!! HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Awesome work my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Erika M. said...

Amazing creations!

leah said...

Great layout and lovely cards!

kitsNbits said...

so darn cute

Linda Beeson said...

Really cute! Love the photo on your layout, is she adorable and all of those papers sure make for a cute layout and some pretty cute cards too.

Paper Niche said...

Thanks for sharing the inspiration!
The Paper Niche Girls
www.paperniche.blogspot.com
www.paperniche.com

01 09 10