Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fourth Tuesday with Diva Katrina Hunt

Hey everyone, it's Katrina here with my projects for the month!  It seems like the month has just flown by and I looked at the calendar and went, "oh my gosh I have a blog posting due"!  

I love working with all the collections and every time I think I know what my favorite it, it changes!  The projects I am sharing today are with the Messages collection kit. 

I decided to do an 8.5 x 11 layout.  I just wanted to do a simple and clean layout and that size works perfect for me to do that. 



I used a scallop circle punch to make my border here with the houndstooth paper and then just added one of the hearts from the punch out page.


I wanted to accent the journaling card and I went to my standby-twine!  I also used one of those Cute as a Button burlap buttons that I love so much.


And these were in the booth at CHA, my altered books.  Nikki asked me if I wanted to do them and Messages was the perfect collection to do them with!

I used matte medium gel to adhere all the paper to the books and I also used a layer of it to seal the books after I got them finished.

 I used a border punch on each side of the paper that covers the seam to give some detail to it.  Then, I added some of the cut-ups on each of the books.  I didn't want them to have too much stuff on them, just enough to make them interesting!

That is all from me today!  We have a lot of fun stuff coming up on the blog later this week.  Including one more Diva posting for the month and then a fun blog swap with Glue Arts!  Be sure to check back by!

And if you feel like it, stop by my blog sometime!!


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous Katrina! I loveeeeeeee those books!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

those books are just so darn cute!!! i love them!

Connie Mercer said...

I love that paper set too!! Super cute Lo!!!!

Deana said...

Fun projects, Katrina! So cute!

Beverly said...

Oh love what you have done with the books .... thanks so much for sharing. What a great idea

Amy Martin said...

Love these. They are so neat.

01 09 10