Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A fun mini album tutorial from Jodi Wilton!

Hi everyone! I am super excited today to share Jodi's projects! Today she is sharing with us how she made a denim pocket mini album (so can't wait to try this myself!) and an adorable layout and a card too!! All using the Noah collection!

"Today I am going to be showing you a few projects that I made with the NOAHcollection.  First off, I want to share with the mini album that I made:

Here are some simple and easy steps to help you recreate this mini:
1.      I started by using Victoria’s street Chipboard Album:


I spray painted the edges of the album in a cream/white paint. Then I cut off the chimney part of the album to make it look more like a pocket
 
2.        Next I covered the chipboard with paper from the NOAH collection, sanded the edges, and then inked them.  I also cut a pair of my son’s jeans that had holes in them and used both back pockets.  Be sure to cut carefully around them, to leave the pocket in tacked. 



3.       To create the FRONT COVER, adhere the Jean pocket with FABRI-TAC by Beacons.  This glue is fantastic to adhere anything to fabric! I used this for all of my embellishments on the front.  I also used a Basically Bare Chipboard heart, and misted it with red mist. 

4.        For the inside pages, I used a variety of the Closet Cut-up and Punch out’s from the NOAH collection.  Here is a look at my inside pages:

 
 5.        The Back Cover was made the same way as the front cover by using Beacon Fabri-Tac Adhesive. 

6.        I decided to make a mini within a mini by creating a cute little mini to fit inside of the back pocket of the album: I used the “Here Comes Trouble” from the Closet Cut-ups as the main page, and added more of my favorite photos of my son! A great way to maximize your album with as many photos as you can get! Here is my mini-mini album:
 


My next project I wanted to share was again inspired by the whole POCKET theme! I created a layout of my son and his love for worms:
 

And finally, I also made a fun card with this collection! Who could resist the cute little pick-up truck?" ~~Jodi


Isn't Jodi's projects amazing!! I just love them all!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

11 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cute!!!

~amy~ said...

darling!!!!

Erica Marshall said...

That album is pure creative genius!! Love all your projects!

Stacy said...

WOW!!! Jodi your projects are simply amazing today!! Totally them them all and you know i'm digging the mini :)

Laurel said...

Amazing projects, love that mini album!

Deana said...

Oh my goodness...just total cuteness here! Love how you used that chipboard album for your mini too!

Gillian said...

I love these projects and am so lifting the pocket album!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Great idea on the pocket album, and then having the mini inside a pocket! Love the truck card, too!

Crystal_235 said...

I'm going to have to lift the pocket album!

Corlann said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pocket album!!! Wish my son still wore jeans so I could cut them apart! He's just into sweat pants now... guess I'll have to remove the pockets from my own jeans! Thanks for sharing your terrific ideas!

Melanie said...

Awesome, Jodi! Clever use of the mini album :)

01 09 10