Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome Kim Jackson, our Guest Diva for April


My name is Kim Jackson, and I'm a 30-something writer, editor, and papercrafter living in Midvale, Utah. I live in a just-the-right-size townhouse with my boyfriend, Chris. We bought it in 2007, and immediately started remodeling. Yikes! Until recently, I was a senior editor at Creating Keepsakes magazine, and have had scrapbook layouts and other projects published frequently in its pages since 2010. You'll also find my cards in a few special issues of Paper Crafts magazine, Cards magazine, and Embellish online magazine. In addition to papercrafting, I love to sew and knit. There's something so satisfying about working with your hands on something creative--especially if you're making something for someone else. I'm so happy to be this month's Guest Diva!


Kim has lots of projects so let's get started looking at them and see what she has to say about them!  Kim used the Noah and Audrey collections to create with.


Using the Noah Collection

On the 12x12 layout, I cut stars from the cute little boy paper, then covered them with Ranger Crackle medium.


You can see the detail on the stars in this shot.

For the ornament, you can find instructions for the cute star here: http://studioofmae.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-freebies-part-3-mini-paper.html. I would totally attach this to a present for my nephew.


And a fun card!

Using the Audrey Collection.

On the mini album, I inked the edges of each album page with tea dye to give it a slightly vintage vibe. 






And a fun 2 page 8.5 by 11 layout!


Thanks Kim for being our Guest Diva for the month of April!  We are in love with all the great projects you did for us and our readers!!


Be sure to check back this week for more inspiration and ideas from our design team! 




12 comments:

Deana said...

Great projects, Kim! Thanks for joining us this month!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!! These are all gorgeous Kim!! I loveeeeeeee that ornament!! Thanks so much for being our GDT this month!! I love your creations!!!

Nikki said...

EVERYTHING is so cute! I adore that 4th of July layout! So cute! I've been a fan of your work for a long time and love that you are our guest this month! Thanks so much for joining us on the blog and hope to have you back!! -Nikki

Jean said...

Wonderful projects!!

Kim J said...

Thanks for the kind words! I had so much fun playing with the product, it was hard to stop.... :)

Stacy said...

Congrats on your GDT gig Kim!! Loving these projects and way to rock a mini album :) Also love the crackle paint on the stars!!

Sarah said...

Love your work Kim! Such cute projects!

Melissa said...

Awesome projects Kim!!! so glad to have you with us this month :)

Melanie said...

Hi Kim! So fun to have you as guest designer this month. Your projects are super fun. Love the crackle on the stars :)

Jodi said...

KIM... I LOVE your projects... especially that mini album!! Thanks for designing this month!

Laurel said...

What fabulous projects! So glad you are designing with us this month.

Marielle said...

Welcome Kim !!!! Beautiful projects !!Thank you for being our guest designer this month :)

01 09 10