Friday, September 14, 2012

Melanie on Friday!


Melanie has a little of everything today for you!  A card, layout and even a tutorial.  Yes, I would say she has been a busy crafting girl. 


Moms Make It All Better Card
I used the "Get Well Minis" sheet from the "Get Well Soon" line to make this card. The smaller patterns are perfect for cards! The cut-ups are on the back of the minis so I only used one sheet of paper. I zigzag stitched around the edges and added some twine from The Twinery to "tie" it all together :)  The punch-outs are fun little additions to help reinforce the message.


Superstar Student LO
It's a win-win for me when memorabilia matches paper! The Superstar Student sticker that my son brought home with his project matched the My Lil' Monster line so well that I decided to use the sticker for the title of my page. The "Meet-A-Monster" sheet was a fun way to frame the photos. I added some punch-outs and cut-ups from the Monster line. Tip: to help the red photo corner stand-out a bit on the lower left side of the page, I tucked an upside-down tab-shaped punchout behind it so the white backs the red.


Lantern Celebrate Banner Tutorial
We have TWO birthdays in the next three days at our house. So I thought it would be fitting to have a celebrate banner. :)  I used the My Lil' Monster line. Here is how I made it:


1. Cut apart the Monster Minis sheet so you have FOUR 6x6 squares.
2. Punch along the bottom side of each square using a border punch.
3. Using a strong adhesive (I used Glue Arts Extreme Tac Adhesive squares), overlap one side to the other and adhere together to form a tube (or lantern).
4. Punch one 1/8" hole on each side of the lantern along the top edge, about 1/4" down from the top.
5. Cut up or punch out three circles from the Monster line and punch two holes at the top of each circle.
6. Add monster punch out and celebrate sentiment to center circle.
7. Thread twine through each item, alternating lanterns and circle. Hang to enjoy!


I photographed the banner on my buffet so you could see it more clearly but then I also took a picture of it hanging from a tree outside since that is where the festivities will be.

Be sure to visit Melanie's blog for more fun projects and inspiration!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all awesome Melanie!! That banner is VERY COOL!! Love it!!!

Deana said...

Love the fun banner! And your card & page are both adorable!

01 09 10