Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Welcome Mary Pat Siehl as our May Guest Designer

Give a big welcome to our May Guest Diva, Mary Pat Siehl.  Mary Pat is a long-time fan of Nikki Sivils and has competed in some of our challenges and posts projects to our Facebook wall.


My name is Mary Pat Siehl and I am a scrap-oholic!  I am married to a wonderful husband who totally supports by scrap addiction. I have two wonderful sons who keep me totally stocked in pictures for a lifetime.  By day I am a teacher.  I am in my 23rd year of teaching high school Spanish.    I have been scrapping for over 10 years.  I love all aspects of paper crafting.  I love making layouts, cards, mini albums and altered items.  My love for scrapping has led me to teaching monthly classes as my local scrapbook store.  Being a guest for Nikki Sivils is a dream come true.  I totally love Nikki's collections.


Mary was so excited about being the Guest Diva that she created a bunch of fun projects for her posting!  She worked with the Messages and Noah collection kits.  She has layouts, cards, and altered projects to share with you.  


First up with Messages, she did an altered dry erase message board...how fun!


My family is always heading in different directions and our old message board broke.  
I made a new dry erase message board so that our family could keep our schedules and messages straight.  For this fun home decor piece I just used an old picture frame and created the insert piece to 8x10.  Because the frame is glass it can be used as 
a dry erase board. 




The message board started out  holding our schedule for the day but it has turned into a board for me to write a message to my boys in the morning.  I leave the house at 5:50 every morning to go to work.  My boys are not up yet so I don't get to see them.  I started using this board to write a special message for them each morning.  My oldest son is just starting to read so he reads the message to his brother.  It sits on our kitchen table.  I love how excited they are for the new message!


And then next we have a card.....

I loved all the cute little "pockets" with the messages.

Mary had a lot of fun with the Noah collection also. Let's look at a couple of  layouts first.

My youngest son loves riding his motorcycle and this is a photo of him.  Right now I am really loving all the banners and the different ways that they can be used. 



I like to include memorabilia on my layouts whenever possible.  So when we went to our first Monster Truck show I wanted to save the ticket to include on my layout.  I think it is a fun way to embellish the page.



Then she has some fun Father's Day ideas!

 She created this cute little gift bag/card set!

 Sometimes masculine cards and gift wrapping can be hard but the Noah collection is so versatile and just perfect for a gift bag and card that my boys will give to their father.




And last, but certainly not least, she created a fun card for her husband!  

I can't throw away any scraps from Nikki's paper collections so I used EVERY single piece.  This is cute card that I made for my husband on father's day.  Again the line is just perfect for little boys to big "boys"


I want to that Nikki for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the guest Design Team Member for this month.  It has been a real honor!  
Thanks again!

We want to thank Mary Pat for being our guest this month.  She created some fun projects for us and gave some great ideas of things to do for Father's Day!  

Be sure to visit Mary Pat's blog.....


And let us know which of her projects are your favorite and I will pick a random comment to win either a Messages or Noah collection kit of their choosing. We will announce the winner on Monday, May 21st here on the blog.  



33 comments:

Ellen Jarvis said...

Nice job, Mary Pat. Picking one project is very difficult, because I really like the "Noah" papers for your layouts of your two cuties. However, the "Message" board is adorable and easy to replicate for my family. Thank you for the inspiration.

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

julie e said...

The projects are all great, but I love the King of the Road layout.

Janet's Joy said...

Congrats on being a guest Mary Pat. I love all your projects and think the message board is a fabulous idea!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Huge fan of Mary Pat's creations!! These are all AWESOME Mary Pat!!!! I love love love love love that message board! SO CLEVER!!!!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

congrats Mary-Pat. I would say my favorite is the message board it works so well with this and has sparked some ideas for me.

Laurel said...

Wow, these are all such amazing projects! Love that message board and the gift bag! Congrats on being this months guest!

Deana said...

Wow...great job, Mary Pat! Cute projects! Thanks for joining us this month!

Miriam Prantner said...

Mary did a great job! I really love her Father's day projects. Somehow I am just into ties these days.

Marcia said...

I love what you did Mary on all the projects, but my eye was really drawn to the layout using Noah and the banners at the bottom. It just made your photo pop.

Kelly Swosinski said...

I love that message board! Definitely going to be making one for my house:)

Stacy said...

Mary Pat you totally ROCKED the projects :):) I LOVE the idea of the altered picture frame, I always throw the glass out when I create a frame....NOT anymore :):) Thanks for the fabulous ideas.

Kerys said...

I just love all of Mary Pat's work! I am a follower of her blog and love to see her new creation! I love the card with the pockets and the gift bag and card for father's day is just adorable - I feel a projects with my kids coming on!!! Thanks Mary Pat for a great day of inspiration :-) Have a great day x

Izzy Anderson said...

These are all completely wonderful. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite. :)

Liz said...

Congrats and so many fun projects.

Melanie said...

Wow! Mary Pat--you did a fabulous job with all of your projects. So fun to have you as a GD this month. :)

Jodi said...

AMAZING JOB!!! Love your projects!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow so many amazing creations. Oh how I love the papers you used. TFS AJ~

Jingle said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL creations, Mary Pat! So excited to see you here!

Cathy said...

Mary Pat...wow! you rocked all of these projects..Love them all! Splendid work!

Pink Heather said...

Love your projects, Mary Pat. Especially that message board. Neat idea :)

Pokey Puppy said...

All so cute!!! My favorite has to be the message board especially after she described how her boys get to read the messages she leaves. How precious is that? Enjoyed all the projects!

Bethany Becker said...

I love all the projects. The message board is my favorite though. Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Thanks for all your projects! I adore that board made with Messages! Great idea!
Thanks for joining us this month!!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

oh my these are some CUTE projects! That message board is genious! thanks for sharing your creations with us!

Michelle H. said...

Congrats, Mary Pat!!
My favorite project is the gift bag!!
All of your projects are amazing and so creative!!

Sharla said...

Great projects, awesome papers!! I love the dry erase message board, but all the cards and layouts are so cute!

Connie Mercer said...

that is tough to do~they are all adorable but I love the gift bag and card but then the memo board is super cute and the Lo, really great projectsusing some really cool papers!!:):)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow thanks so much everyone for the super super kind comments!! this was such a wonderful experience. I had so much fun creating all these projects. I am so glad you like them!

This was a dream come true!

Tracy said...

Oh my, to have to only pick one, that is hard as they are all so great.
I really love the memo board, but then again I also love the altered father's day bag.

Penny said...

Love the message board, but that father's day bag is a close second! Love Mary's work! Love Penny

Melissa said...

You are one talented Mrs Mary Pat!!! I love all of them especially the message board. Thanks for the inpiration and i will definitely make one for my family.

Marielle said...

Congrats and welcome Mary Pat !!!! You did a wonderful job with all of your beautiful creations !!!! That message board is just gorgeous !!

01 09 10