Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Second Wednesdays with Jodi Wilton!

Hi everyone! So excited to share Jodi's creations here with you today! She is amazingly talented, and I am so happy she is a part of this team!!

Here is what Jodi has to say about her layouts today!

"I love using Sketches, Allison's Sketch Books are a great jump start for any layout you want to create. I have a few of her books, and I always find the layouts come together quickly, and with a great finishing product!  My favorite thing about her Sketchbooks is that she has each sketch based on the number of photos you need, so you can find the perfect sketch to go with any number of photos!  I also love how she gives tips on how to change it up for each layout!  For today's reveal, I created two layouts, to show you the versatility of her sketches. Here is the first layout- double page layout featuring the EXIT HERE collection:


"I created a pocket to add as much journaling as I could, since the journey from Canada to New Zealand was quite the story.  I used Glue Arts U Cut-it to pop up the pocket." ~~Jodi



"My next layout is a tribute to my mom! She adores my kids, and I couldn't resist scrapping these cute pictures. I used the Audrey Line and the Want-2-Scrap Bling on the butterflies, as well as some Twine from the Twinery. Beacon's Zip Dry Glue is Perfect for adhering the cute butterflies!" ~~Jodi


Designer tip:
1.  Fold each punched butterfly in half. 
2. Apply a thin line of glue (so easy to do, with ZIP DRY by Beacons), along the middle of the butterfly. 
3. Add the butterfly in the desired spot. Allow to dry (doesn't take long at all with ZIP DRY) and then add the bling.  
4. Add a butterfly trail with a black marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

 

6 comments:

Donna Spina Lebeduik said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for the butterfly tip!

Laurel said...

Oh such fantastic projects!

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects Jodi!!! Great idea creating pockets to hide your journal.

Deana said...

Awesome work, Jodi! Love that pocket you made for your journaling!

Liz said...

the colors are great... Love everything about it

Melanie said...

Jodi, you always amaze me with your projects. So much goodness there in each one :)

01 09 10