Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sarah Eclavea on Thursday.....

Sarah is here today and she has couple of layouts to share, plus a tutorial for stitching on your pages without a machine!

Faux Stitching Tutorial By Sarah


I love working with one collection at a time because it speeds up my scrapbooking a lot! I have everything out so I don't have to constantly take new supplies out and I can use the scraps from one project on the next which means less clean up too! I worked with the Messages collection for these two layouts and I LOVE this collection. It is just so stinkin' cute!


For my first layout, Amazing You, I used a sketch from the Allison Davis sketch book. This was my favorite sketch in the book, but let me tell you it was a close race! They are all great and I could see using them all! I also used some Helmar zap dots on this layout too. As I mentioned I like to keep scrapbooking quick and one of my favorite quick mess free techniques is faux stitching. All you need a paper piercer and a marker and you are ready to go. I faux stitched the hearts on this layout. I bet you couldn't tell until I mentioned it! Looks real doesn't it? Here's how I did it...
First adhere everything on your page that you want to stitch over.


Then use a paper piercer to poke holes through the paper where you want your stitching to  go. I have found the closer together the stitching is the more realistic it looks and it is helpful to have a quide. I will draw a line with a pencil if I need it and then erase it after I poke my holes. On this layout I just used the edge of the white paper as my quide so I didn't need a pencil line.


When all your holes are made choose a marker and connect. I used a brown pen for this layout, but my favorite is a white gel pen on dark colored paper. Don't worry if your lines are not perfect . It looks more realistic when they are a little crooked!

On this layout, Understanding Isabel, I wanted to journal all the things my daughter Isabel is saying right now. I also used some twine from The Twinery, Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive and Helmar Zapdots.



What fun projects from Sarah...and hey, she taught me to pierce some holes and then connect the dots!  I never usually pierce them.  Be sure to visit Sarah's blog for more fun.



12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what an adorable layout!!

Josie0602 said...

Adorable layouts with an adorable little girl!!

TRacy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH Sarah!!!! I am IN LOVE with these!!!! Your DD is soooooooooo precious!! I love love love how you did that faux stitching too!!!

Nikki said...

I love "Understanding Isabel"! Wish we lived closer so I could meet that sweet girl!

Melanie said...

So, so cute, Sarah! Love the way you captured her words :)

Jodi said...

Love the layouts Sarah! i always love your way with words :)

Deana said...

So CUTE, as always, Sarah! Loved your tutorial, too! :-)

Sewe said...

Adorable layouts and how cute isn't that girl. And also thanks for sharing the "fake" stitches tutorial :)

Melissa said...

Sarah your Faux stitching is super cool! i really thought it was real thanks for the tip. i will definitely try this one to upgrade my faux stitchings. Your layous are beautiful and your daughter is super cute!

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Adorable and so sweet. What a cute layout.

Stacy said...

Sarah I simply love your creations. Your daughter is just way to cute!

Donna Spina Lebeduik said...

wow - very cool stuff. Thanks for the faux stitching tutorial - definetly gonna try it!

01 09 10