Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First Wednesday with Melanie!


Melanie Jarocki is here today with a couple of fun layouts using the Sketches for Scrapbooking books.  (note...I will have more information about this on tomorrow's post!)


 Trouble
(using the Noah Collection)
 
I used a Sketch Support design for this layout. Originally, it was a two-page sketch but I only used the left side of the sketch for this single page. The journaling is hidden in the "About This Boy" card, tucked behind the photo. I used Maraschino twine from the The Twinery for extra accents on the page. 







Basement
(using the Exit Here collection)

Two-page layouts are my favorite. So the Sketch Support book is awesome for me! I used the Exit Here collection for this fun page about my kids enjoying their grandparents' basement.  For extra dimension and detail on the page, I stitched between the photographs. I also added a little grass fringe to the house cut-out.





Be sure to visit Melanie's blog for more great layouts and projects!  And before I forget I need to announce the winners from the Glue Arts Cross Promo swap!


For Thursday....

Blogger Bethany Becker said...
Amazing projects. The DT works their magic and provides so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing!


For Friday

Blogger Angie said...
Stellar projects, I'm loving all the banners! 

Ladies, please email me at cardipaws@sbcglobal.net with your mailing address and your choice of collection kit from the following:  Audrey, Exit Here, Noah, or Messages!

Have a great Wednesday and we will be back tomorrow.







5 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome job today melanie!!

Laurel said...

Such wonderful layouts once again!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both beautiful Melanie!! I just loveeeeeee them!! And CONGRATS to the winners!!

Deana said...

Love your pages, Melanie... especially the 2-pager!

Congrats winners!

Bethany Becker said...

I can't believe I won. I sent my email. I love the layouts today!

01 09 10