Monday, August 9, 2010

My Favourite Time of Year

Hi, Anna here with todays post.


In the UK its a very busy time of the year for farmers, and living surrounded by farms we watch Harvest season with joy! I am a born and bred townie, living in the country for the past 5 years has been a life changing experience, and I am loving it! Love the slower pace, love the scenery, love that my girls wake up to fresh country air every morning, love that we have great walks on our doorstep for our new addition to our family, Suki our English Springer Spaniel.
Oops got a bit carried away with nostalgia, LOL!

With all this new scenary surrounding me, it makes for great photograph opportunities, which in turn make for great scrapbook layouts! When my box of product arrived from Nikki, and I eyespied "Tree Love" I was in heaven,a photoshoot was in order.
Harvest - Tree Love

This photo is of my eldest daughter, and I just knew the colours from Nikki Sivils new line would just be perfect. A simple layout of layers and carefully placed embellishments are all this layout needed. I am so happy that Nikki has introduced alphabet stickers to her new lines, I am an alphabet hoarder.


Nikki's fab diecut sheets are so versatile and I used my trusty scalloped punch to punch out the heart tree diecut on my layout.


Supplies : Nikki Sivils Tree Love papers, Nikki Sivils alphabet stickers, Nikki Sivils stickers, Nikki Sivils diecut sheet

Falling for You - Tree Love





I have used the same simple design for my layout, but have added a 1/4 sheet of the shaped paper and a felt strip. I love to add dimension to my pages, so most of the diecut shapes I have added will have some 3d love!





Have I told you how much I love the diecut sheets! I cut out this cute Beaver and the tree from the "Tree Love" diecut sheet.




Supplies : Nikki Sivils Tree Love papers, Nikki Sivils diecut sheet, Nikki Sivils stickers
Check out this sketch I did for last months sketch challenge, to achieve a similar design. I ahve just chosen to make my paper strips much wider; the beauty of sketches!
I can see me using this product line over and over again, so much fun. Roll on Fall, or Autumn for my friends over the pond.

Time to head to my scraproom and pull out some Blueberry Hill for my Lavender Field photos!
Do pop on over to my blog and say Hi!

Happy Scrapping
Anna x

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Anna!! These are both sooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!! Your photos are PERFECT for Tree Love...and I loveeeeeeeeeeee the floral trim you added to the first one!!! JUST WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mommyof5kidz said...

SO Pretty! Love the little beaver! LOL...Tooo cute!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

LOVE those photos and how they go perfectly with the papers! VERY sweet!!!

Sarah said...

Fabulous projects!! The papers are perfect for those photos!!

leah said...

LOVE the trims you used along with this line, Anna!!! Fabulous!

Linda Beeson said...

I already loved the Tree Love collection and the adorable accents with it but you sure made them shine! I want to pull all of that out again! LOVE all things to do with farming and harvest too.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OH, how I love that lil beaver! Gorgeous layouts! Love what you've done with this line!
hugs, margie

Hanneke said...

Love them and you are so right that paper is just perfect for your pics!!!

Scrapamum said...

Super cute LO's!!!!

jill said...

love the lo's -- love the paper choices -- love the photos -- love your other product choices -- love, love, love everything about your post. thanks for the inspiration.

domestic goddess said...

thanks everyone for your lovely comments :)
anna x

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful work!!

scrappermimi said...

This could not be more fabulous! Love it!

wendela said...

love your beautiful work Anna!

01 09 10