Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Years EVE!

I can't say the holiday’s were crazy busy, just the normal busy with Christmas activities. I did have a couple of stressful issues this month, which kept me from doing my normal December blogging. The main one was our little Alfred, our 13 yr old yorkie-mix rescue, developed some major breathing issues. I won’t go into all the issue this little guy has but with an enlarged heart we had to try several things or make a decision to let him go. I wasn’t going to let him suffer but also wanted to try what I could to make him better and my vet advised me along the way. I’m happy to report he’s doing real good, still has some issues, can't hear a thing, but is pain free and most importantly can breath.
This was taken yesterday, we took Alfred on a drive.
(Loves car rides!)
Not feeling well here, but resting nicely.
A "pup-accino" from Starbucks!
(Yes, just for the fur-babies in our lives, it is whip cream in a cup!)
He loves them, but who doesn't love Starbucks!
At the park on Christmas Eve, "marked" every tree in the park!
 

Then there’s my back, I’m having major back issues! A bulging disc at my L1/S5 lower lumbar, a degenerative disc (same spot) and arthritis in my entire lower spine. I’ve been getting epidural steroid shots (every 2 weeks), never blocker shots (6 shots at one time in my lower spine), have one more of those in a week. Some are painful and some aren’t, more annoying to me than anything as they’ve stopped me in my tracks! I’m not a sit still person so this has been a big challenge for me. Then there’s the pain, which muscle relaxers barely touch and Advil doesn’t do a thing for the pain. So I ice it off and on all day and try to do the best I can with the pain. Physical therapy has been helpful for the pain management.  I’m hoping the New Year will bring some relief.
I know this is a crazy looking picture, but this machine is awesome!
It pulls me in 2 different directions which relieves my lower spine pressure and pain. I have NO pain when strapped in this device!!
 
This is why I’ve been MIA when I normally do a lot of fun blogging in December.  I love doing a "favorite things" post so maybe I'll do a New Year Favorite Things instead, and maybe a giveaway too!

Here are some pictures of a few of the creative things I’ve done for December. Altered picture frames to homemade place cards!
Altered chalkboard frame:
My Unity Co-branding stamp from "Gingerbread Land" collection.
I stamped every single envelope of my Christmas Cards.
Love this stamp, you can see it or buy it here
Homemade place cards, I used library card holders with "guest check" for special note on the inside for each guest at my Christmas dinner table.
Here is a close-up of them. 
Each note had a "Why I love" that certain person.
(Products used: Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker, Jillibean Soup, Lily Bee and Bella Blvd)
 My table...
even the babies had one...
my table all set!
This is Nico's contribution to my table... 
jumped up with his front paws, grabbed the butter and ran!
Until I stopped him in his tracks, he dropped it and ran to his crate!
He knew what he did without me saying a word! 
Smart dog!!
Please have a happy and safe New Years Eve!! 
From: Nico, Savannah, Bella
and...

8 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

I adore your photos, your table place cards are superb. Your dogs are gorgeous and lovely to know Alfred is doing so well. Happy New Year! :) x

Tonya said...

Fabulous projects.

Alfred is SO adorable. I am so glad he is not in pain anymore. I wish the same for you.

Happy New Year!

Theresa said...

Happy New Year!!!! love your photos. I saw the pup ones on FB. Sorry to hear about your back. it stinks to be hurting and I hope you find some relief soon. big hugs.
and I really love your holiday table, what a thoughtful idea on the place cards. so cool.
Enjoy the new year and I think I need that stamp set.. ;)
Cheers!!!!

Jodi said...

happy new year Nikki!!!! LOVE your place cards.... and LOVE that you are being creative again! Sorry about your back, I know its not fun, my sister, also get epidural shots in her back, so I know it is not a fun procedure. Wishing you lots of HEALTHY, happy and CREATIVE thoughts in the New Year!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry that Alfred is having issues ... and sorry that you have had problems with your back :( I hope both of you feel better soon! I loveeeeeeeeeee your place settings!! What a great idea!!!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Nikki!!
Love all of your projects those place card settings are amazing and such a clever & creative idea!! Love your dining room table so pretty!
Sorry about Alfred hope he continue to do well.
Hope your back continue to feel better and 2013 will be a better year for pain relief for you back.
Happy New Year!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I'm glad your fur baby is doing better! You probably get alot of advise on your back, so take this for what is worth. I had the same problem L4/L5 for three years, lots of narcotics, oral steroids, steroid epidurals, PT, ice, ice, ice...oh did I mention ice :) I finally had a microdisectomy, the best thing I ever did! now I rarely take a motrin! I wish you a painfree 2013!
ps. I love all your decor!

Jan Garber said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year! So glad to hear you are having a positive experience with the injections. I had one in December that caused some extremely horrible side effects. My little yorkie was by MY side the entire time, so I feel your pain and know how you're struggling! HUGS!

01 09 10