Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Check Out Our February Guest Designer Ilene Tell!


We are so happy to have Ilene as our guest designer this month.  You can check out more of her work at her blog "What a Bunch of Scrap".  Here is what Ilene had to say:

Hi everyone, my name is Ilene and I was so honored to be asked to be a guest designer for Nikki Sivils! Like all of you, I really love her paper. The designs are so adorable and whimiscal that it's impossible not to have fun when scrapping with them. I started scrapbooking after the birth of my daughter more than 6 years ago. I scapped on and off, until about a year ago when all of a sudden I became pretty obsessed...you know how that goes. I love to play with patterned paper and all of the embellishments. I have been lucky enough to be published in magazines and ezines and to be on several design teams. I have my daughter and almost two years ago my son came along, so there are always tons of cute pics to scrap. I would say my style is somewhat artsy. I love to try new things, to distress and add layers, and lots of details, like hand stitching, and paint, and tons of embellishments. I must confess that I don't scrapbook just to preserve memories....it's my "me" time :) I hope you enjoy my projects, because I certainly had fun making them!

Now how about us sharing her projects that she created for us! Below are some layouts using "We Are Family".  I love how she took a line that is playful and made it her style.  One is elegant and the other has that vintage feel to it.



I can't begin to tell you how much I love this layout below using "Sugar Cookie".  I just think it is so pretty!  And, look how she gave another layout that retro look.



Next you have to see this sweet little album Ilene made for her daughter Morgan using "Summer".


Wow, what a lucky girl Morgan is to have such an adorable album to keep in memory of her 6th birthday!

Well, we hope you were just as inspired as we are here.  Thanks Ilene for being our guest this month and for sharing your inspiring work with us!

Until then, happy crafting everyone!
Susan Dupre

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Amazing work Ilene!!! WOWWWWWWWWWW! Love it all!! Thanks for being our guest this month! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy K said...

I LOVE that mini album! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations.

jill said...

kay....my fave is the first LO using "We Are Family".....love it!!!! thanks for being a GD on our team, Ilene!!! you are very talented.

mommyof5kidz said...

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!! What gorgeous work!!!!!!!!!! LOVE what you did with everything...especially the sugar cookie line! Beautiful!

Stacy said...

Love all of the projects created by Ilene. Fabulous job :)

Unknown said...

Your pages and album are gorgeous Ilene!!!! When I have more time I want to go thru your blog. Thanks for sharing your amazing work.

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous work Ilene!!! you are simply amazing!!

Linda Beeson said...

OHHHHH so cute! I so love the kites on the first layout.

Liz said...

Oh how fun is this

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects Ilene. Congrats on GDT!

Nikki said...

Ilene as always such beautiful work! Thanks for being our guest this month!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wonderful wonderful work!! glad to see you and learn a little about yoU!

01 09 10