Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello there!

Hey there! Michelle Lanning here - just popping in to show you my latest Nikki Sivils work. I decided to focus on the "Dan the Record Man" line. I love the colors in this line and the earphones are a favorite! And I would love to have some cute little photos of my daughter singing or listening to music - but I don't have any, so I make do and work with the colors and see what I can pull together.

Since none of my photos fit color wise, I decided to turn them black and white which made for an easier fit. Here is my layout.



These are photos that were taken at CHA - I am glad I finally get the chance to scrap them. As you can see you can't see andy of the large records on the page. I concealed the colored middle part with the photos. I decided to make the photos round to match the scalloped paper. I also cut the border of another piece of shaped paperand overlapped the 2 half circles. Did that make sense? LOL!

For the love part in the title I used the "Will He Be the One" stamps. I stamped each on a separate piece of pattern paper and then layered them.



When I was finished with the layout I realized that there was some depth missing from the layout. I decided to use my star shaped punch and punch some same colored stars. It adds depth withouyt being too distracting.




I also decided to go with the theme and make a fun little card...


That's all I have -- I hope you have a wonderful week!

Michelle Lanning:)

9 comments:

janis said...

you rock this line michelle!!!!

erin said...

very cute michelle!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!! i spy me, u, susan and nikki!!! i love love love love love these michelle!!! that lo totally ROCKS!!! (hehehehehehe....and the photo of me and u will be revealed by me soon too!! lol!!!) and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how U cut out the earphones for the card....that is just awesome!!!! wow!!! pun not intended...lol...but these totally ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Hee,hee well of course I have to say this rocks - I mean look at the subject matter!! LOL, otherwise I might say.... :P Actually, I totally love the design! Appropriate to say "it's rockin"!

Deana said...

So cute & FUN! You ROCKED it for sure! ;-)

jacque4u2c said...

This is just wonderful! I love all the details!

Unknown said...

amazing layout and card michelle!!

Nikki said...

Michelle that layout is awesome! It was so fun having you at CHA with all of us!! Thanks for such a fun post today!

Linda Beeson said...

There are just so many cute details on these projects.

01 09 10