Monday, December 14, 2009

Adding a little holiday pizazz...

to your layouts and projects is easy. I am Mimi Leinbach your blog hostess for the day and I am going to give you a few quick tips to add some spice to your projects! Start with great paper! We have that in the North Pole Lights Collection by Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker! For me I love adding lots of sparkle and glitter to my holiday projects.

In this layout I cut the tree and gifts from the pattern paper and added both Stickles and Liquid Pearls to the tree for a little more punch!

To dress up alphabets add a few jewels to your letters.

I have 8 nieces and nephews and they always ask for gift cards. I like to make my gift cards a little more personal by altering a tin and card to present them. It is also a great little gift to add to a stocking!

I made this tin from an old mint box. I covered it with pattern paper and then punched a strip to wrap around it. This will simply slide off when the person opens it. I added a little glittered ribbon and embellished it with patterns I cut from the pattern paper and then stickled.

These tins are also great to give any time of the year. My nieces all have them and keep their earrings in them on their dresser. Not only are you recycling but also giving a cute little keepsake that can be used in so many ways.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Holidays!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Great Tips Mimi! I love the pearl accents on the tree! Good idea! Thank you for your beautiful work!!

Claude said...

Oh Mimi, I love that layout!
I am definitely pulling my NPN papers again and tackling another layout, you've inspired me!

Stacey said...

Love what you did with the tree. The little touches of glitter are fantastic. Great tin too! Fun fun fun.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

MIMI!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Adorable LO & gift card holder, Mimi! I ♥ how you embellished the tree, too! So cute! :-)

Lydia Siegel said...

WOW! Love your lo Mimi! The tin and card is so beautiful too. TFS

Jenneke said...

I LOVE your projects, Mimi!!

Nathalie said...

Fun creations! I love the tin!

01 09 10