Sunday, July 26, 2009

CHA... setting up our booth...

Dan and I got up at 7am to check on the construction of our booth, and to our surprise it was up and ready for us to start displaying our products!!!
Okay so we learn a few things today, like what a "Marshall Yard" is, and all it takes to getting a lot of product from point A to point B!!
Here is the fun part, putting it all together!!
Dan took my picture while he was "grounded" to the make-n-take table because, bless his heart, no matter what he did today it was a disaster!! Seriously, once I went up to him to check on the filling candy in boxes, when I saw what appeared to be ribbon under his shoes, then I took a closer look and I saw a piece of my "cherry" paper under his shoes, so I said "Dan, what's under your shoe" and he looked down then looked at me with this sweet "little boy" look and shrugged his shoulders!! It was my homemade candy box!! (No worries though I fixed it.) Then he hit himself in the nose with his laptop and cut open his nose and we thought he may have broke it!! Then he trips in the booth and catches himself on the paper trays, and BTW they are plastic and barely fit on the slat wall!! I've never laughed so hard in one day during our entire marriage, I think maybe a little bit of "Goofy" for Disney has got a hold of him!! LOL!! What a day!!

This picture is just a very small part of the HUGE convention center!!! I'll have more for you all tomorrow, pictures of the booth completed!! Also I met the owner of Jillibean Soup, Jill, she is super sweet, and her booth is adorable!! I can't wait to meet more people tomorrow!! Have a great night!! -Nikki

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I am soooooooooooooooo EXCITED for U!!! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!!!!! WOW!!!! Well...except for hubby getting hurt...but I think that's because he was teasing U when he did your last blog post!!! LOL :):):):) I see Deana's lo laying there!!! YAY!!!!!! I have a few friends stopping by to see U!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

OH my gosh... how FUN & EXCITING! Can't wait to hear more stories & see more photos! Poor Dan's nose... :-(

Nathalie said...

Oh, I am getting "CHA fever" even though I am miles and miles away!!! Thank you for sharing these pictures with us! I can't wait to see the completed booth (and I can't believe a "piece of me" is on your shelves!!! :)))

Mieke said...

WOw, can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck with Goofy!

On my way... said...

Ohhhhh soooo jealous Nikki!!!! Sounds like ur having fun (unfortunately some of it at hubby's expense, lol), bugger to hear about the car sickness, I get that way if I try and read while in the car...can't wait to see the finished booth, gosh I wish I could be there!!!!

xx

scrappermimi said...

How fun...it is looking awesome. Hope Dan is having a better day today!

Jodi said...

OH WOW!!! How awesome and exciting! Too bad I'm heading to cottage country... I'm not going to be able to get the updates until I get back! HAVE FUN SETTING UP NIKKI!

Katrina Hunt said...

just don't let Dan step on any acrylic paint, unless it is to put it on chipboard!!!

Mette said...

Ohhhh I would soooo wanna be there with you! Can´t wait to see more photos!!!!

Photolicious Days said...

Yay! They gave you a corner booth. Traffic from both sides. Yay! It is looking too cute. Can't wait for more pics.

I was seriously reconsidering coming on down. But could find a buddy to go with me.

The Graphic Bee said...

That is AWESOME! I'm never letting Dan live this down!!! I'm so sad I'm not there :( It's weird not talking to you 60 times a day!! I know your super busy but call me when you have some down time!!

Heather
"The Graphic Bee"

Rhonda said...

How exciting for you! Did I understand that this is your first line? That must be a total thrill! I bet it is a awesome being there, eh? Congrats on all your orders! Enjoying the funny stories. lol ur hubby sounds like mine...a bull in a china shop! Ha!

Rhonda said...

I forgot to tell you through all my rambling that your products are really awesome! Good luck and I hope to see your stuff on the shelves of my LSS soon. I believe this is going to take off! ;-)

01 09 10