Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Katrina with some Alpha Sticker Fun

Hey everyone, it's Katrina here just sharing some layouts with you!  I have one from Exit Here and a couple from the Noah collection.  Also, I am going to show you how you can mix all those fun alphas from the alpha sticker sheets that are in the collections.


We Call Road Trip

The dogs love taking car rides most of the time (as long as they don't know it's a "v.e.t." trip!) and they also like going to get Andy's Frozen Custard!  So, I took the opportunity to take some pictures of them hanging out the back of my Element in the parking lot waiting for their custard!  Exit Here was the perfect collection for this...since they are calling a road trip for ice cream!  (BTW...we have four dogs now, this was before the puppy.)  This is an 8.5 x 11 layout, which is a size that was perfect for the photo strip I created.


I love to mix the alphas!

Adding little touches  with the Cute as a Button Burlap Buttons and with layering the punch outs and stickers gives your layouts some interesting focal points and details.  


Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Jetson loves to dig and I had captured these pictures one day when he was in full digging mode.  The Noah word strip was where I "started" with the layout idea and it grew from there.  The title was inspired by the cut-up snail that I think is so cute and had to use!  Titles are hard sometimes for me, so I look for something in the paper lines to inspire a "play on words" a lot of the time.


Once again, I love mixing the alphas in the title and the tiny journaling tags are a great place to add some of those fun mini letter stickers to highlight your title.  


I used the negative space of circles, backed them with pattern paper and then embellished the centers to make them stand out.  I used an odd number of circles, which always seems to work better....3, 5, or 7, etc.  I backed two of the circles with the same paper to give some unity to the circles and to also make the center one stand out.  



Spending Time with Dad

I love this picture of Carleen and her dad at the baseball game we went to when he came for a visit.  The Noah papers were perfect for the picture and I played off the stars all over the layout. 


I punched a few various sized stars out of some of the papers of the collection and used them as accents on the layout.  


 Once again, I mixed the alpha stickers.  These blend seamlessly between collections and are perfect for long titles. 

I hope I have encouraged you to try mixing up those alpha stickers you have in the collections and creating some fun and unique looking titles for your pages.  I will have a couple of additional photos of a the projects on my blog.  Thanks for stopping by today!









7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all fabulous Katrina! Just loveeeeee them!!!!!

Kerys said...

Great pages Katrina! Love them all! Thank you so much for the inspiration :-)

Jodi said...

THESE ARE SUPER!!! Love all the layouts! Super job!

Lea said...

Love your layouts! And i thinking THE dogs are so cute!
I line the Noah collection very Much, but can't buy it overhere :-(
Greetings Lea

Stacy said...

Super cute layouts Katrina...loving all the photos of the pups, expecially when they are all in the car!

Deana said...

Love the pages & the mix of letter stickers, Katrina!

Michelle H. said...

Love all of your fun and adorable projects!
Great way to use all of the alpha stickers!!

01 09 10