Thursday, June 16, 2011

June's Guest Designer is Frances Sylvia!

Help me give a big welcome to Frances Sylvia.  We are so excited to have her as our guest designer this month.  Frances is super talented, and I am sure you are going to love what she has made for her guest spot with Nikki Sivils.  You can check out more of Frances' work on her blog "Forever and a Year".



Here is what Frances had to say:

 Hello my name is Frances Sylvia and I am from Many, Louisiana. I am a spoiled wife, mother of 4 (all under 9 years old…shew!), Junior High Remediation teacher, and a totally addicted scrapbooker. My greatest inspiration comes from my family and friends in the photos, but I am also inspired by sketches, patterned paper, and what product I am currently swooning over. My style has evolved like most, but I usually create whimsical layouts with clean lines. There are a few elements I can not leave off a layout these days, such as, hand or machine stitching, doodling, threaded buttons, and layering. Since my time is mostly devoted to being a wife and mother, I believe that scrapbooking should be FUN!! There is no greater pleasure for me than to enjoy my family, put the kids to bed, and relive the memories that we created once again.

 
Now how about some of her amazing layouts!




Isn't the layout above just adorable?  The blocking is great and the added die cuts of ice cream cones and the ice cream truck make it just that much sweeter (sorry for the pun).  I also love the misspelling of the work "Kool".




On this layout isn't it clever the way Frances used Nikki's scalloped paper and cut the edges off to make scalloped strips?  Again, Frances used the diecuts to perfection.  Frances used Nikki's Summer Collection for both layouts above.




This layout is so sweet. The layering of the journaling spot, words and buttons are amazing. Frances used the Beatrice Collection for this darling layout.  Beatrice and those trees make the perfect touch for this layout.

Well, I hate to say it, but that is all the eye candy we have for you.  There just never seems to be enough when showcase our guest designers.  Frances, you did a fabulous job with Nikki's papers, and we are so honored to have you as our guest this month!

22 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welcome frances! Loveeeeeee your work! :):):):):):)

Court said...

Frances!!! WELL DONE being a GDT member for Nikki! You are SO talented and deserve it!!! Gorgeous layouts girl! Proud to be on a team with you!

Linda Beeson said...

That is some serious eye candy! Congrats for the guest spot and thanks for sharing so much goodness.

Star Ark Creativity said...

I love your work. And like the little beaver it is so cute. Thank you very much for sharing your creative.
Have a nice day :)
Delama

Stacy said...

Congrats Frances!! I love your layouts, they are super cute!! Great detail and fabulous designs! Way to rock the GDT spot :)

Deana said...

Congrats, Frances! Darling pages! :-)

Frances said...

Awww...thanks everyone! I love Nikki's products...it was super fun to play along!! Thanks again Nikki and everyone!

Nikki said...

Great Work Frances! Love those "summer" layouts! Thanks for being our guest this month!

Anonymous said...

I just love what you have created....Great Job!!! Congrats on the GDT spot!!

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

You did an awesome job on this Frances!!!

Katrina Hunt said...

Very fun layouts Frances!!!!! congrats on being GDT!!! hugs, Katrina

Jennifer Yates said...

Hi Frances! SO glad you are here this month! You ROCKED the layouts!!! Great job! :))

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVING the layouts. Your take on things is so refreshing. Thanks for the great projects and for the inspiration!!!

Toodles
Erika

Sarah said...

Love these Frances!!! Congrats on the gdt spot!

hilde janbroers said...

amazing layouts!!! Love everything. Congrats on being a guest dt!!

Lea said...

Love your layouts, they are great!!!
X Lea

Julie Howard said...

Your layouts are so fun, Frances! I especially like the 3rd one... the use of kraft paper really makes Nikki's papers shine.

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

Gorgeous layouts!!! I love the scalloped layers!! Contests on being our GDT this month!

Mette said...

Welcome! I love your work!!!!!!

leah said...

So fun!! Love all of your layouts!!

Unknown said...

AMAZZZZZING pages Frances!!!! Love what you did with Nikki's papers!! Congratulations on the GDT spot!!!

wendela said...

welcome Frances!!!

x
wendela

01 09 10