Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oh what a day at Scrapbook Generation!

I just love that twice a year my local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Generation, has my team and I come in to show off two of my newest collections that will be released at CHA just days later! 
We always have a blast together and the SG "ladies" always treats of with open arms
and cupcakes! 
Heather, Katrina and I hosted 3 different mini classes with my new collections!

Heather, (Me), Karin and Debbie (the owners of Scrapbook Generation)

This sweetie-pie brought me chocolates! Yum Yum! 

Here are the cupcakes... so good!

These are 2 of the layout classes using my new "School is Cool" paper collection!
Aren't they so cute! The ladies at Scrapbook Generation created them! 

Two ladies that were in the morning classes!

These two cards were part of the mini classes taught through out the day!
(Idea for card came from Scrapbook Etc Magazine, July Issue)


My papers stocked on the store shelves!

I think I see someone carrying around some cute papers...

Samples: by DT Diva Liz Qualman


Hmmm.... must be break time? 

I had the best surprise today... these two ladies stopped in to say "hi" and asked if I knew who they were?  They looked so familiar but I could but a name to a face then they said "Jamie & Suzy" from elementary and middle school! I haven't seen these two for over 24 years! As soon as they said their names I knew exactly who they were! Such a wonderful treat for me! 
Thanks so much Suzy & Jamie for stopping by to say hi it was truly wonderful to catch up with you both!   
As always it was a great day at my local scrapbook store! 


The winner is...
The winner of all 5 of my brand new collections "blog contest" from last week is:
Thebug414 who said:
"OH I just LOVE Gingerbread men! What a fun release. I love them all! Here is the link to my blog post." 
Email me your contact info and we'll this big pack of paper out to you this week!
Congrats!


Well tomorrows the day we leave for Joplin!
We are so excited to have the Uhaul packed and ready to go surprise some scrapbookers! 
These ladies lost everything and I mean everything so I'm thrilled that with the help of these manufacturer's and YOU that they will have a huge tub of everything they need to get started along with a huge box of paper! 
Thank you...
Maya Road
Creating Keepsakes Magazine
Elmer’s Products, Inc.
Bella Blvd
Scrapbook Etc. Magazine
Jenni Bowlin
Unity Stamp Co
Helmar Adhesive
Graphic 45
Jillibean Soup
Spellbinders
My Little Shoebox
Allison Davis & Debbie Sanders (Sketches for Scrapbooking Books)
Best Creation Inc
Bazzill Basic Paper
Elle’s Studio
Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker
I also received hundred’s of boxes of donations from scrapbook stores and from people from all over the United States, Canada and even South Africa! 
This is a 30 foot Uhaul, double stacked, boxes are under the tubs!
Here is a list of just some of the items that are in every single tub:
Paper Trimmers
 Rulers
 Cutting Mats
 Ribbon
Scissors
Craft Knives
 Inks
Stamps
Pens & Markers
 Adhesive
 Paper
Cardstock
Punches

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you that help donate over $50,000 of product
 most of which is brand new and some gently used items too! 
My cup runth over. 
-Nikki


10 comments:

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

This makes my heart so happy! Nikki you are the sweetest and most generous person! Have fun handing out those goodies! I know the ladies will be thrilled!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! I have tears in my eyes on how much stuff you got!!! That is awesome! You are such an awesome person for doing this! Your SG day looks like fun and CONGRATS to the winner! :):):):):):)

Karen said...

I know that losing our scrapbook materials would seem trivial if we lost our house, but as a scrapbooker, you know just how healing and spirit lifting scrapbooking is for so many of us. The ladies of Joplin are so blessed to have you help them. It's so thoughtful of you do all this.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow what a fun class!! loving those school is cool layouts! sooo love this line!

wow how amazing with all the products! congrats

Lea said...

Awesome what you did for the woman in Joplin!!!!
And it looks like you and Katrina have a lot of fun at SG.
Greetings Lea

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Loved hearing about this, reading about this and seeing all your hard work in pictures. What an amazing way to give back.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for delivering the stuff we sent:)And I am thrilled that so many others rose to the occasssion. It means so much to us to know that a real live person is delivering it and it will actually get put into someone's hands rather than ending up lost in a warehouse somewhere. My prayer is that all of the Joplin scrapbookers will find a moment of happiness as they get to play with their new things:)Thanks again for doing this! You are an inspiration! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

This is fabulous!!! Everyone just gave from their hearts and we really understand what the scrappers are missing. Thanks Nikki for doing this. You are a very good soul!!!!

Liz said...

What a successful event this is so awesome that so mnay people helped they r gonna be so happy ... What a geniune loving person u truly are and it was great to have other mfg follow. Success brings me to tears

Stacy said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun showing off and playing with some of the yummy new lines :):) Even though it was alot of hard work for you, those ladies in Joplin will always remember you for all that you have done to bring them some happiness right now :):)

01 09 10