Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July.... a FUN Christmas tree tutorial from Michelle! :)

Hi everyone!

Last month Michelle shared a GORGEOUS Christmas tree that she made using Happy Holly-Days line! Everyone loved Michelle's tree and asked how she made it, so she wanted to share with everyone on how she created this beautiful tree! :)


I started with a tree base (from Michaels) about 14" tall. I glued a tissue paper on my tree base using Modge Podge glue so I can glue the leaves better. It's always easier to take out the whole tissue if your project doesn't go the way you wanted it to.



I then punched these Martha Stewart Oak Leaf (I wanted it to have different colors per layer).



I then started to glue each oak leaf  from the bottom of the tree using Glossy Accents. TIP: When working with a tree like this, it's always better to start from the bottom to create a clean, seamless layer.


Here's a photo of when I was halfway done with it.


To finalize my project, I took a green small hemp cord and started piercing these images from Nikki Sivils' Happy Holly Days die-cut. I also added those miniature candy cane (I also got them from Michaels) to add additional dimension to the ornaments.

 We hope you enjoyed how Michelle put this together! :) Thanks for stopping by ~~Julie :)


10 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just way to pretty!

Doris P. said...

tfs an awesome project. I love the tree and who knew leaves could be used more than fall.. :) I am going to make one!
parkernana5@cox.net

artfuldelight said...

I LOVE that tree. I will be making one this holiday season. :-)

Katrina Hunt said...

Love this Michelle....and you know how I feel about trees!!!! hugs, Katrina

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

WOW! That's a lot of work! Very cool textured tree though. I love the colors and the added embellishments! Nice job!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Wow, that is wonderfeel.

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, I loved seeing how it was created!

scrappermimi said...

This is seriously cool! What a fun project...one you can enjoy every holiday too!

debpaint16 said...

I Love this tree!!! Do you have any idea how many 100's of leaves you used? Just wondering, how long it took to make!!! Many Thanks! Deb
debpaint16@aol.com

Stacy said...

WOW!!! This projects totally rocks!!

01 09 10