this is Emeline, your host for every 16th of the month.
Slightly more than a week left before the 25th; hope you are almost done with your shopping and in high gear for the coming Christmas !
i wonder if you did any handmade Christmas themed decorations this year.
i always love to think scrapbookers like us would look forward to special days in the calendar and make items for our home or for giveaways.
Here, i made a candy cane holder using Nort Pole Nights paper Collections and Chipboard Album: Tag. I adore the dome shaped chipboard and i envisioned it looking like a pretty pot when they are lined up perpendicular to each other. So off to work , i created these with these simple brief steps :
- cover 4 chipboards with 2 red / 2 green paper (you can opt to use cardstocks)
- Cut out motifs from An Elf Came to Visit scallop papers and Nights of Cutie Cut-Ups/Christmas Magic paper.
- Using the die cutting machine, scallop edge pattern paper from Night Before Christmas/Surprise.
- Using the zutter bind it all, punch along the edges of the tag chipboards and secure the wires.
- embellish each chipboards with ribbon and scallop edge.
- embellish the front with elf motif, buttons, craft flags.
I's been so inspired by the layouts and papercrafted items created by the girls in the design team ! I hope you are enjoying the inspirations as much as i am ...
Nikki's pattern papers have such adorable graphics to stretch your imagination.
Here, i used stickles to add glitters onto the chirstmas baubles and decorations on the tree.