Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Hi, it's Susan, and Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I wish I were more organized like Nikki! That girl had her Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. My lights are still in a bag beside my tree just waiting to be put up. Well, maybe today. I have to say I've been busy making little Christmas crafts instead - much more fun than climbing up and down that ladder!

Today you not only get to see some projects by me, but also Julie Tucker-Wolek. She doesn't blog until after Christmas. It would be a shame for you not to see the cute things she has created.

First up is this ornament I made using the top of a Prima flower container. It was so easy to make! I just used the lid to trace around - of course, using one of the cute pieces of paper from "North Pole Nights". I then added a little glitter to the little elf. Next I glued him on to the inside of the lid. After that, I added a little more glitter around the center and added the ribbon.


For this ornament, I bought a pre-made shaped ornament at Hobby Lobby. I then covered it papers from "North Pole Nights". Again I added glitter and ribbon to embellish it.



Aren't these Christmas items that Julie made, adorable? I love the candle holders, the added embellishments to the penguins and those wonderful place cards.


Here is a close up of the place cards. You can see that Julie used Nikki's stamps from "North Pole Nights" on them.



Here I made a gift card holder and a card. For the gift card holder I used a cut out sheet from "North Pole Nights".



I hope you have been inspired by our projects. We can't wait to see what wonderful ideas you come up with using Nikki's fabulous papers! Here's hoping you have a wonderful holiday season!


Susan Dupre

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks Susan!! I love that elf ornament using the Prima lid!!
And Julie's candle holder... adorable!! Wonderful creations by both of you!!

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! So cute Love the papers and the little bag !

Nathalie said...

Fun little projects and great tree decorations! I love the little bag with GC holder card at the end :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

awwwwwwwwwwww thanks Susan for sharing your blog post with my little projects...i truly appreciate it!!! I love love love love love those ornaments and the gift card holder!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Cute projects, Susan & Julie! :-)

Lydia Siegel said...

FABULOUS Job ladies. Im loving the table with the candles and name placements. Also those ornament! Cuteness all the way around!

01 09 10