Friday, February 28, 2014

My Semi-Homemade Pizza Recipe...



Oh Boy! We are having homemade pizza tonight!! 
I make semi-homemade pizza at least once a week, its so much better than any store bought frozen pizza you can buy. It is a bit more time consuming than a frozen pizza, but honestly its so easy! Non-cookers/bakers can make this too, super easy! I change it up a bit... I learned this from my mom as she made this pizza all the time when I was a kid! Seriously, it is so good!! 
This picture is of my semi-homemade pizza. 
The Recipe:
1 box of Chef Boyardee Cheese Pizza Kit
(I buy the family size, it makes 2 pizza's.)
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil -several tbsp) 
Pizza Seasoning (in the seasoning section of grocery store)
Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
Basil (fresh or dried)
Parmesan Cheese (the powder kind)
2 Bags of Pizza cheese (it is labeled "Pizza" cheese)
Any toppings you want to add (I like simple, turkey pepperoni and onion)

Directions: 
1. Follow the box directions to make the pizza dough, I subsitute veggie oil for EVOO.
2. Once dough is raised, I spread out the dough one half on a pizza stone (I prefer stone) and the other half of a metal baking sheet (I only have one pizza stone). Then lightly brush EVOO over both pizza doughs, sprinkle the pizza season on the dough along with the a small amount crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese. This part isn't on the box this is my "add-on" step. 
3. Now place in the oven until the dough is bubbly and just starting to brown, about 10-ish mins, but oven times vary. 
4. Now add the pizza sauce (from the box kit)  and all your toppings.  I just add my turkey pepperoni, onion and one bag of pizza cheese per pizza. Now back in the oven until the cheese is bubbling, turning brown on the edges as well as the crust edges are browning.
5. Once out of the oven I sprinkle dried basil on top along with a small bit of the powdered parmesan cheese and let it sit for at least 10 mins for the pizza on the stone and the metal pan only 5-ish mins. 
6. I love to cut the pizza in squares and gobble it down. 
Tip: I use kitchen scissors to cut my pizza, they are better than any pizza slicer, learned this from my momma.  

Now go make semi-homemade PIZZA this weekend!!

(Images from Chef Boyardee website.)


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds yummy!!!!!!!!

sherried said...

We use to use the same "kit" to make pizzas when I was growing up. Will try your additions sometime.

01 09 10