Thursday, December 15, 2011

A quick and easy Christmas gift idea! :)

Hi everyone :)

Julie with you here again today, and I wanted to share a quick and easy Christmas gift idea for those last minute gifts! I used Nikki's Gingerbread Land on these :)

I am sure that we ALL have wallet sized photos of our kids laying around (at least I know I do!) :) I always order those school photo packets from my daughter's daycare - and even after giving out the wallet sized ones to family members, I still end up with extras! :) So then it hit me! Why not turn those extra wallet sized photos into magnets as little Christmas gifts?!?!? :)

These are so EASY to make, I swear it took me longer to take and edit the photos for this project than it did to make them :)

Here is what I started out with :)
Wallet sized photos, Magnet buttons and Nikki's Gingerbread Land papers! :)

I used my Cricut "Storyboard" cartridge to cut out the background paper and accent frame :)

Then I adhered the photo between the background and the accent frame :)

Then I glued a Magnet Button on the back :)

And just to keep a record, I put my daughters name, age and month/year on the back of each one :)


And I added some of Nikki's Gingerbread Land stickers to the front - and here is the finished magnets on my refrigerator :) 




Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget our DT Call :) Nikki is AMAZING to work for...I would love to see you try out!! :)

~~Julie :)

19 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love these, julie! they are on my weekend list of things to do --

Connie Mercer said...

those frames are so cute and a perfect little gift idea!!!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

How cute and clever! Thanks for the inspiration..:)

Zarah said...

So clever & so cute! :D

Dana Tatar said...

Too cute Julie! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nikki said...

Great idea Julie! In fact I think I might make a few for my brothers and sisters for their kids! thanks so much!!

Linda Beeson said...

These are adorable! What a great idea and I really like how you showed your steps!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

How sweet are These! I love them Julie! This is really a great gift to make and to Get.

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Deana said...

Cuteness... the magnets AND Brookie! :-)

Staci said...

Yep, they are adorable..just like the Brookie!!

mommyof5kidz said...

Super sute!!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a great gift idea!

Audrey Pettit said...

awww, how fabulous, Julie! Love this idea for extra school photos. Brilliant!

Stacy said...

What a great gift idea! I always end up with lots of pics left over...that will soon change :)

Charlotte said...

This is so cute, Julie. Great idea for a little extra Christmas gift. :)

Theresa said...

Julie, you rock. cute idea. =)I need more of this Nikki line.. it's super cute.

Michelle H. said...

Very beautiful and such a fun idea!!
I love adding magnets to scrap goodies too!
Yours rock!!

Sewe said...

Oh awesome, I was wondering where I could get some frames to some small photos that my son will give as a gift, something like this will be awesome, thanks for the inspiration :D

Jamilie said...

These are great!!! I just recently ordered these magnets and I have storybook! Just fab!

01 09 10