Friday, March 25, 2011

A Baby Card, Staring Beatrice & Bucky!

Good Friday Morning!! 
Here in Missouri its cold and a very rainy day which in my eyes isn't a bad thing, instead I think of days like this the perfect day to sit and scrapbook! Can't be outside so why not be happy with some great paper, adhesive and scissors!! Right! Speaking of scrapbooking... I made a card a few days ago for my sweet SIL, she and my brother will be having their first baby in May!  I'm hosting a baby shower for her in April and thought I better get ahead of the game and make her a card and start on the party favors before I run out of time! 
Since Beatrice and Bucky the beaver are life partners I thought they'd be the perfect characters for my card... 
Bucky is driving Sweet Beatrice to the hospital! Hee Hee... I love it! My brother and SIL are having a boy so I love that the license plate on this car says "Oh Boy"!
I used  my new Cricut Expression with the "Nate's ABC's" cartridge! 
All the papers I used on this card are from the Beatrice paper line.


I'm guessing everyone is ready for the winner of the Provo Craft Cuttlebug and my papers...
since its so hard for me to pick I decided to pick the 25th comment since today is March 25th!
Soooo the winner is Lyn, who said: "Nico is beautiful. Congrats on having such a successful blog. =) 
-Linda"  Thanks Linda! You'll be getting a nice prize pack in the mail next week!! Let's us know how you like it all! 

One last thing... 
I have a huge Happy Birthday today for my dear friend, Heather! We met at a crop, gosh maybe 4 or 5 years ago... can't remember b/c it seems we've been friends forever! We sat at the same table at a crop and became instant friends, you know when you meet someone and you just "click", well that was us! Heather's not only my good friend but she's the graphic designer for my company.  I'm not a graphic designer and desperately needed one and she was perfect for the job! I can't tell you how well we work together... I sketch things out send them to her and she comes back with exactly what I wanted! We travel together teaching at crops, she always helps at all the "Nikki Sivils" events here locally, going to CKC's to play and we even went to an American Idol concert together!
So here's so a long friendship... and a HUGE happy birthday to her!
Love ya H!! 

Have a great weekend! -Nikki


10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heather!!! And CONGRATS to LINDA!! Love love love love love that card!!! Sooooooooooooo cute Bucky driving Beatrice to the hospital! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Liz said...

Congrats to the winner Great fun card and I just love the stories for them...

Auntie Ang said...

Congrats to the winner I would have loved that paper but I'm thinking I didn't win because I was gonna win the expression lol... My sister broke hers and she does so much for everyone I really just want to surprise her with one... Good luck all..

The Graphic Bee said...

Thank you Nikki for the birthday shout out! I believe everything happens for a reason and it was fate that put us at that table together. Here's to a long partnership and a longer friendship!
Love ya!!
Heather
"The Graphic Bee"

Court said...

Happy birthday to Heather!

SUCH a cute card!

And a huge congrats to Linda! Lucky lucky lady!

Stacy said...

That card is just to stinkin' cute!!! Love it :) Congrats to Lyn and happy birthday to Heather!!

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is an adorable little baby card and it could fit other themes with just another greeting. Happy Birthday to your friend too.

Becky Moore said...

Adorable card! The Oh boy on the front is such a cute touch!! happy Birthday to Heather!!

Tona said...

Happy bIrthday to Heather!
Congrats to your winner too.
I love that adorable card. It's just too cute.

Unknown said...

That card is stinkin cute!! Happy birthday dear sweet Heather! Mwah!

01 09 10