Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Ends, Fall Begins...

Happy Monday everyone!  We are in the midst of winding down a beautiful summer here in Colorado.  Even though the days are still warm, the nights are slowly getting cooler, which means Fall is on its way here in the Rocky Mountains.  To celebrate this gorgeous time of year, I thought I would share a few of my projects with Nikki's gorgeous Tree Love collection.  Being a bit of a nature girl, I'd have to say that this is one of my very favorites and Nikki's fun beaver motif is about the cutest thing ever and so much fun to scrap with.

First Up...

I love these photos of my son from our camping trip over the summer.  It was a rainy day and he is wearing a circa 1970's raincoat that used to belong to his dad.  It was the perfect match for the gorgeous papers.  I love to mix Nikki's 6x6 card papers with the larger 12x12 patterns to create a variety of colors, textures and sizes.
I used Nikki's gorgeous green paper, my Cricut and a cartridge called Feeling Groovy to make the title of my layout.  I just thought my son looked so pensive in the photo that the title had to be something about his thinking.  The shadow feature on the Cricut is such a great thing to back the letters and add depth.  I pop dotted some of the letters to make them stand out a bit more.
Can you see the Lorax reference?  I just love the little beaver character and how much fun it is to add to a project.  Nikki's craft flags made the perfect protest sign for the little guy.

Next...
For my second project, I wanted to stick with the same theme.  I added a little red spray mist to warm up the color palette and to add interest to the layout.  I also used some of Nikki's awesome sticker letters along with a larger foam alphabet for the title and stuck one of her burlap buttons to finish it off.
You can see the misting in this photo and how well the sticker letters look with the larger black foam letters.  I also love her sticker journal tags and used a black gel pen to write on it.
The burlap buttons make a a great embellishment anywhere you want to arrange them.  I used these to finish of the squared look I had created with the 6x6 patterned paper.  Aren't they adorable???

Finally...
This card is meant to be a little silly with a pun on words in the sentiment, "You Should Beaver," oops I mean "Be there."  Since I love all the trees in this collection, I used my Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge to create the tree and bird on the card, then added the little beaver to finish off the look.

Hope you can feel the cool, crisp air and smokey leaves of the Rocky Mountains.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

Liz

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! Liz!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee these!! Those lo's are ADORABLE...LOVING the cute cute cute photos and that saying on that card...pure GENIUS!! LOVE IT ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kristie W. said...

What fantastic scrap pages!! I need to find pics to scrap so I can use my collection soon!

Linda Beeson said...

Love the title letters on the first layout and how totally cool on that adorable rain coat, great little story. LOVE the last card!

Deana said...

Darling pages, Liz, & I ♥ that CUTE card! :-)

Hanneke said...

I love them, so fun and adorable!! And how cute is the beaver!!!????

Erika M. said...

Loving all your fabulous creations!

Lea said...

Love the layouts!
And what an adorable pictures of your son!

Jennifer Yates said...

Simply gorgeous Liz!!! Always LOVE your work! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Goodness! What awesome pages and card! Great designs and oh so fun papers! :)

Unknown said...

fabulous pages Liz!! and I LOVE your cards!!!

Katrina Hunt said...

Liz...LOVE LOVE the card....what a creative idea to "cross out" some of the letters!!! Great work girlie!!

01 09 10